20 August 2020

Tired Thursday

Much to my dismay I woke up at 5a this morning and had problems going back to sleep. Prior to that I had a dream where two jobs blended together and I was teaching my mother of all people how to work a photo copier. Not exactly sure where that came from or what it means.

Dinner was frozen mini tacos and to enhance the flavor a bit I put some Tostitos salsa on top of each one. I had two plates with a total of 12 tacos. Only 6 of them would fit on a plate and they were more like tiny instead of mini but they were very tasty. Of course, I can’t let my cheesecake go to waste so I had another slice of that.

I was bored and a bit restless. There were some work emails that came in that helped to occupy me for short periods of time. I elected to try to be helpful rather than sit back and let someone else do the work. That of course roped me in to a group text message later in the evening and caused me to think, why did I inject myself into this. However, it’s what I do and all part of the job, it’s what you get when you hire me. Customer service is in my blood, sometimes more cuss than service but you get the idea.

Marvin joined me on the couch and I had the heating pad plugged in. He melted like a small pat of butter in a hot skillet but that only lasted for a short period of time and then he wanted down. He came back but it was much later in the evening and just as I was about to wrap things up for the night. He’s a good boy but his hind legs worry me, still he manages to move with silence and speed like a Cheetah. Now you see him and now you don’t.

Gator begged and I put her on the love seat where she likes to rest. She comes over for a hug and some attention once and a while. I managed to wake her up, she had that bed face on and just looked at me as if to say, why did you wake me up. Then she came over and started begging for attention, which is true to her form. She is more in tune with my feelings than I think Marvin is. One thing is certain about both of them, they love me not only for who I am but because I am the guy that brings them food.

I am sleepy and want to go lay down, I can probably get away with it but it seems as if my phone has eyes or something. If I do it, while things are quiet now, they will surely liven up and then it will be impossible to fall asleep. It’s also a little bit warm here, I am hoping that the AC will kick on soon.

A couple nights ago I got roped into YouTube videos on the subject matter of my job. They were Ted x talks and very interesting. Ted talks are always informative but seem to go by way too fast. You can learn a lot from them and they are completely free, which I find amazing. The x means they are independent events. I found one held at Georgetown called Why are you so gay. That was interesting and slightly humorous as well.

Since there isn’t much on TV right now that is of interest to me, I tend to turn to YouTube for content. Which is kind of sad since I also pay for subscription services like Netflix, Hulu and I am a prime member so I get Amazon Video. There is little content there that is new and of interest to me. I’ve thought about cancelling my Netflix subscription but about the time I get around to it, they have something of interest that draws me back in and causes me to pause my plans to cancel.

I think I am going to try to get a nap in. We have a big upgrade event for a service that is taking place later this afternoon. It’s expected to be a few hours and if things go well, we could finish early but if things go wrong it could be a long night. You just hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Have a pleasant day and thanks for your visit. We will talk with you peeps again soon!

1 comment:

Joe said...

I watched the TEDx talk you suggested. It was really good. It also goes along with a blog post I’ve been working on for this week. If you’re looking for something on Amazon Video, I just finished watching “Hot Guys with Guns.” It’s a gay take on the old fashioned detective story. It’s not going to win any Oscars, but I found it to be a fairly cute movie.