I am glad that the week is done. On call hasn’t been terribly bad, thus far. We had several people leave yesterday; it was expected. They are students that are hired for summer work and when it gets close to back to school, off they go. Me and a colleague divided up the list when it was time for them to start and I thought it was only fitting to do the same as they were leaving. He had an event to go to but promised that he would get his part done yesterday. Well he claimed that the hotel where he was staying had flaky internet so he wasn’t able to get his part done yesterday. Now he claims that he will do his part today but I suspect there will be yet another delay. He thinks I am going to take his part but as much as it’s killing me, I am giving him room and waiting to see what he does with it. The immediate danger has been removed because I turned off everyone’s account yesterday, that was part of the plan. There is more work to departing someone than just flipping a switch in our environment, although in other environments it’s all automated where as our process involves lots of moving parts. I couldn’t imagine just issuing a command and that being the end of it. However, maybe someday that will be the case. One can dream.
I had an internal public speaking engagement that my boss signed me up for, I did it all from the comfort of my home but still I was addressing a large audience. I knew the subject matter but still I stressed about it all week long. I am glad that it’s over with. Sort of like ripping off a band-aid, better to just get it over with. It was kind of fun and once I started talking and concentrating, I forgot all about being nervous. One of our C-Suite Executives was in the meeting. I saw he was invited but he almost never attends, well yesterday was that one rare time. I threw in some sugar & spice to be nice because I knew I was being watched. I got accolades from my peers, nothing yet from management and I honestly don’t expect to hear anything.
On more of a personal note, I got caught up in a series on HBO called I’ll Be Gone in the Dark. It’s a crime series and involves Patton Oswalt’s late wife who was a crime writer. She actually started a book, died unexpectedly when all of the pieces were just starting to come together and Patton as well as friends of hers that were collaborating with her finished the book. It was really good. In case you’re not aware Patton Oswalt is a comedian and I watched some of his stand-up act. In one show he talks about being widowed and when I hear that someone lost their spouse, I just feel a connection to them because I am in similar shoes. His case was worse than mine in that he has a little girl and telling a child has to be a horrifically upsetting event.
My insomnia kicked in this morning at 4am. Plus, Gator has been yowling at night. She spends time in my bathroom which is not good at all. All of the cats I have had that start spending time in the bathroom wind up dying. It’s like they are trying to tell me they are sick or something is wrong. With her I see nothing other than possible dementia. It sucks when your sound asleep and she decides to get started because she is loud to start with, then the bathroom amplifies the sound and it just rips your heart out. She does it during the day when it’s time for lunch or she misses me and needs a reminder that I am still in the house. Her Brother did this as well but he was in pain and once we got his pain under control and him on medicine for his knee, he doesn’t do it unless he wants attention or food and no more middle of the night wake up calls. My hope is that Gator settles down. She is the only cat that I have owned that didn’t’ require a trip to the vet. In fact, the last time she was there I think was to have her staple removed from when she was fixed. I mean that in the singular term because she took the rest of them out on her own and that was the second set. The first set she ripped out on the way home from the vet after she was released. I had to take her back and they put a second set in at $150 and within an hour after wards she was pulling them out. How she healed is beyond me but she did. As for the future well, I am waiting for her to guide me on what to do. If I can’t figure it out then we will involve the vet.
Of the interesting things I ate this week a new bowl by Stouffer’s, Tender Steak & Potatoes. Of course, I do like some good tube steak, that’s the only kind I crave. Wink, Wink! I hate steak but this did not disappoint. It was tender and full of flavor. The best steak I have ever had was at Ruth Chris where they sear the steak in butter it’s so tender but also so expensive. It’s about supper time and I am going to have some Stouffer’s frozen Lasagna. I’ve got some extra shredded Italian Blend cheese to put on top to help enhance it. As frozen foods go Stouffer’s does a really good job but you pay a premium to buy brand name. Personally, I think it’s worth it if you can afford it. My favorite Lasagna is fresh and comes from Maggiano’s. I have yet to find anything to rival it but I am always looking.
I hope to get in some quality time with the cats, watch TV and play on my phone. Eventually falling asleep. Never mind that we slept a good portion of the day away and it was fun. Gator curled up in bed with me and didn’t leave my side.
I hope that you had a great week and are having an even better weekend. Thanks for stopping by. I will talk with you peeps again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment