Modern Technology has advanced so far that they make a vibrator that is controlled with your voice. Just when you thought you have seen it all, something new pops out of the wood work and amazes you. I’m not ordering one but was surprised. Could you imagine having the vibrator turn on while it was stored away, just when company came over or maybe your parents dropped by for a visit, All because someone was playing around with the remote control and talking into it. How fun would it be to explain that?
Thus far everyone that could possibly have to sort through my affairs after I pass away already knows I am gay. They have no idea of the vast amount of porn and the toys that I have. Some of them will really raise some eyebrows and presuming I don’t get rid of any of it before I pass away, I’d love to be a fly on the wall when certain people make the amazing discovery. I’m not a saint, nor do I profess to be one.
On to another subject. A doctor that used to treat me passed away. We grew up with most of his kids. It’s amazing to see that a couple of them went into medicine. Like Father, Like Son. Since the family was Roman Catholic and had money, all of his kids went to Catholic Grade and High School. I switched over to public, why pay for the same thing your tax dollars are already paying for? Besides that, public high school had more kids and was much more diverse. Anyway, looking at photos that were posted on line of the kids back in the day brought back some memories.
Yesterday a couple people got fired. I knew and worked closely with one of them. I had a mega crush on him when he first started but that quickly wore off once he showed his true colors. He was one of those guys who could talk a good game and do great PR but when the rubber met the road, he threw the ball over the fence in the hopes someone else would pick it up. I was on the receiving end of many of his “hot potatoes” and it wore thin quickly. To fire someone now since were all working remote, they call a Zoom meeting and tell you that way. I think that is a horrible way to learn that your loosing your job but I suppose there are worse ways. I know we warn people ahead of time and use progressive discipline but it still sucks to see someone loose their job, even if it is their fault. It’s a little worse now that COVID hit but I get that it’s just business and business has no feelings or emotion in it. It’s part of my job to turn off access when someone leaves regardless of how they are leaving. I can’t help it that I am human and have feelings, so some people I am happy to see leave and others well be it circumstances or because I really liked working with them, makes it difficult. I still soldier on and do what I have to. What’s worse is when you know in advance the axe is going to fall and you can’t tell the person. I mean you could but then you’d be right behind them.
I really had high hopes of catching up today but I am still behind. There were several unplanned things that occurred that I had to deal with since I am the on-call person and that does take away from one’s productivity. What I really wanted to accomplish was getting the dreaded monthly report I am responsible for started and all of my work done. I have to wait on others to complete their parts but I always feel better when my part is out of the way.
The cats are doing well and keeping me busy with their demands of food, water and attention. Right now, it’s unusual because it’s 7p and I am blogging from the couch. Gator is in my room asleep. Marv is on the floor asleep. Normally they spend the night with me on the couch until it’s time for bed. We did have a bit of time together when my day was done but Marv had to have his food. I’m really glad they are here!
As for me, well I am hanging in there as they say. I picked up something different from the store. White Cheddar Mac & Cheese Balls. They are filled with Mac & Cheese plus a little bit of rice and some peppers. I had one last night and it wasn’t what I was expecting but it was good. I had plans to have the other one tonight but opted instead to have some Spaghetti and Meat Balls. Pretty good. I also got a new unusual treat. Klondike the ice cream bar company came out with Boston Cream Donuts. It’s an ice cream bar that has a hole in the middle to resemble a donut and it’s flavored. They are really good. I am not a Boston Cream fan but it’s hard to go wrong when it comes to ice cream. So here I sit enjoying some good food but food that isn’t good for me. Growing sideways as I age. There are worse ways to spend the day.
Nothing on the list to record tonight until 8p when the Rachel Maddow Show comes on. I will turn on the TV and browse You-Tube videos, maybe go have one of those ice cream donuts and wait until it gets a bit later. Grab a shower and call it a day. Then we start fresh again tomorrow. Here’s hoping that I can catch up.
Thanks for stopping by. I do hope that you are well and life is being kind to you. I’ll talk with you peeps again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment