Another week under our belts. It’s been rocky and interesting, which is par for the course. Monday we were all informed that our boss wanted to start a new practice with our weekly team meetings. He wanted each of us to appear on camera and this is going to be a recurring theme. I’m not a huge fan of it but I embraced it for what it was worth. It was enjoyable to see everyone again. I see that some of us look the same and some of us have put on weight. At least I know I am not the only one packing on the pounds.
I made a discovery on You Tube that an old TV show from the 80’s is there in all of it’s glory. No commercials or ads (at least not thus far). The show is called Gimme A Break. It starred Nell Carter who was a very funny woman and the life of the show. This is where I got my first exposure to Joey Lawrence who started out as an innocent cute kid, who turned into a hunk of a teenager and a very handsome man. It’s kind of apt that I found the show considering my last post. The theme song just plays over and over in my head from time to time. I think we all could use a break right about now. Check it out if you need a laugh and like situation comedies.
Charlie Puth released a new single called Why are you so hard on yourself. I love his music and well of course him as well. I know he’s straight and I think that it’s just a gay man’s curse to constantly lust after a straight man. This guy has a great body but it’s his vocal cords that really sing. He’s truly got a gift.
The lawn man showed up this afternoon out of the blue. He wasn’t due here until Monday. Not exactly sure why he has scattered the day he shows up but since were at our usual second mowing of the month I went ahead and got him a check. Normally we square up at the end of the month or every 4 weeks. We got an extra Monday in this month and that is his usual day to mow. He also oddly enough stopped sending me bills in the mail. I guess I must be his only customer that doesn’t need a reminder. Go me!
A mosquito followed me into the house. Those things are silent but deadly to me because I don’t feel them biting me. The next time I have to get my blood drawn I’m going to ask them to use the Mosquito needle. That should get a chuckle. Anyway, the damn thing was evasive but I reluctantly hung up a fly trap (glue strip) and the damn thing flew into it. That was a welcoming site.
We have also had our fair share of storms this week. Some power flickering here and there but never totally lost power. When we first moved here it would flicker 3 times and then presto out, she goes. Glad those days are behind us. Sort of like with the cable modem, it would rain outside and we had no internet.
I’m doing okay all things considered. Looking forward to hopefully picking up my check for my phone tomorrow. Also have to get the furry family some additional food and make a Target trip. Maybe I will splurge and dine out via drive thru of course.
I am mulling over some thoughts about my next topic to write about. If you have any suggestions, they are certainly welcome. I hope you all have a nice weekend. Take care and I will talk with you peeps later.

No comments:
Post a Comment