I left the house a little late and got in the theatre just in time for the movie previews to start. That seemed endless as per usual. There were a couple of films that I am interested in.
The smell of nachos and popcorn filled the theatre. The audience was more black than white. Everyone acts differently when they are in public. Some people didn’t heed the warning about talking and cell phones, which made this a less than desirable experience but I still managed to have a good time for the $12 that came off of my gift card. Wow the price of admission. Who can afford snacks?
I had my eye on this black couple who seemed to really be having a good time. The man would laugh, jump and clap. The woman would just laugh. It made the movie a little more enjoyable.
The movie sent a strong message about being brave, never giving up and living for you. There was plenty of humor mixed with serious content. It was great and kind of sad that the Mable “Madea” Simmons character won’t continue with additional movies. There was strong sexual content/humor in the movie and it’s not a kid appropriate movie but despite that some people brought their kids. I would love to see how they explain S&M to their kids.
This is a movie that I would give 6 out of 10 stars to. It’s worth seeing regardless if you view it in the theatre or in your own home once it makes it way to pay per view & streaming services.
After the movie I wanted to treat myself to dinner and thought Chinese food sounded really good. I drove to my favorite place knowing they were open for hours. Much to my surprise when I got there they were closed. My bladder was full so I started thinking of options and each time I would pick a place I talked myself out of it. I wound up coming home and having frozen lasagna for supper. Not exactly what I had planned but it was better than going hungry.
No comments:
Post a Comment