15 March 2019

Free Hulu

Yesterday I received an email from Spotify letting me know that my subscription now includes free Hulu.  It’s the ad supported version but hey it’s free.  I am not a fan of Hulu but if your giving me something for free I might as well at least enroll, right?  Yep.  I’ve set up my account and logged in but have yet to watch anything.  I also got an alert when I logged into Spotify that my credit card on file was about to expire, so I fixed that.  Spotify is a great music service but I know their aim is podcasts.  I haven’t jumped on the podcast bandwagon but I know people that just love them. 

We had a high wind warning yesterday.  I was convinced once again that the large tree in the backyard was going to fall on the house.  Thankfully that didn’t happen.  The tree is very much alive but that doesn’t mean it won’t fall and someday that will probably happen.  Let’s just hope that I don’t own the place when that time comes. 

Got my bills paid last night.  I am continuing to battle with my health insurance company and have exhausted my appeals through their pharmacy benefit manager.  The PBM encouraged me to continue the appeals process but yet they have denied each and every request that I submit saying there is no coverage in place and cite the quantity limits the plan has imposed.  It’s not new information to me but it does meet the definition of Insanity.  Where you keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.  I have played the game and am sending in a final appeal to the organization that governs my healthcare.  I hope that someone there gets my point and can help me. They are getting a 4 page letter that has been proofed by an attorney so hopefully it does the job.  Fingers crossed.  All I want is to be able to get them to cover my sleeping medicine, I don’t think that is unreasonable. 

Grr, I am just tired of facing one battle after another.  I’ve been fighting this or that and just want a vacation from battle.  I can certainly hope that things go better, but that doesn’t necessarily mean they will. 

It’s been a challenging week at work with the boss away.  Stupid missed someone's departure and Grouchy wanted to pick a fight with me and leveled an untrue accusation.  I was able to refute and win the argument [yeah me] but I am starting to wonder since I am now having issues with both of my co-workers if there isn’t something wrong with me.  The boss man will have a full in box when he gets back and it will take him days to dig out but that is the price you pay for going on vacation. 

So looking forward to grabbing a bite to eat at this new restaurant.  My mind is set on pizza and bread pudding but perhaps things will change with another review of the menu.  I just hope it’s good and worth the money and gasoline!  I am also looking forward to being lazy and doing what I want.  It’s a great feeling to be able to turn the phone off, lay in bed and either sleep or sit up and watch TV.  No one to tell me I can’t or say otherwise and knowing that I can’t be reached well that is the very best part.  I don’t stay in that mode very long but at least a few hours of solace is nice.  It’s the equivalent of jumping on an airplane and all is well once your flying but what goes up has to come down and then your back on the ground running 100mph. 

I did reach out to a landscaping company last weekend and they haven’t reached back out.  I don’t get it, you can’t possibly be that busy and not want a new customer.  I can’t sit and wait for the phone to ring, I have to line someone up because Spring is closer than I want it to be.  The bushes need to be trimmed, sticks and limbs that have fallen need to be picked up and sadly the grass will be growing again and will need to be cut.  Someone told me to install Astroturf or cover my yard in cement and paint it green and then I wouldn’t have any worries.  Both of those suggestions are helpful but cost prohibitive, so I’ll stick with what I have. 

Well back to the bump and grind.  I’ll chat with you all again soon.  Hope all is well in your world. 

No comments: