01 February 2015

Wrap up post

Friday afternoon Technology appeared to be working against me.  I got a call about something that I had just setup for someone, it wasn’t working as it was designed.  I spent a bunch of time trying to get it figured out and asking others for help.  No luck.  I have to wait until Monday to get advice from our resident expert on how to fix this.  Once I got home and was settled I decided to try to change my password on some new systems we just got access to.  The first one went fine.  The second one well no way, it keeps fighting me telling me that my passwords aren’t complex enough.  I know it’s a bad practice but at work, I like to keep the same password.  It makes my life easier.  So my regular pc and the server I am access are both on the same domain, meaning that they should have the same security policy.  My password for my pc was just changed and I want to make it the same on this server but it keeps telling me no.  How frustrating!  A co-worker was planning her sons birthday party and asked me to order him some train whistles through Amazon, because she knew I had prime.  I did it – the cost was $10, which isn’t that much money.  They said I would have them on Sunday, huh who delivers on Sunday?

Saturday I managed to sleep in a little bit.  I got the mail, got cat food and made a trip to the ‘special’ grocery store that carries my oatmeal and I picked up a few extra things.  I couldn’t believe that for the small amount I had that I racked up a $42 bill.  The place was packed because of the Stupid Bowl, you would have thought it was Thanksgiving.  Plus we had the prediction that snow was coming, so some people were there for French Toast, yeah you know Milk, Eggs and Bread.  Always keep those on hand so when it snows your set for Breakfast.  :-)  I was able to get started on laundry, I saw our Raccoon friends and worked a little bit with the trash, got the dishes done and had Mexican Food for lunch and supper.  Not bad.  I gave in to my weakness or addiction and signed up for a couple pay porn sites.  One of which I didn’t know what streaming only.  So I went on the hunt for ways to capture the video, there is plenty of software for this and I needed lightweight software because most of it took my pc down.  Some will record sound and others won’t.  I found a package that worked fine but it was $50 and that’s when I said this isn’t worth it.  So I cancelled the subscription.  I’ve got access for a month and then it’s gone.  I also made changes to Uverse, which I were coming for a while.  I added the Here Network for $7 extra a month.  Then I downgraded my Voice calling plan from unlimited to 200 minutes a month.  I save $10 (which when you do the math equates to $3).  I wanted to watch a couple things that are on this month, one of which is Mr. Gay Canada – it’s back when Darren Bruce one.  I really think he is hot.  We actually used to be Facebook friends when he was on a modeling show and then I guess he woke up one day and said who the hell is this guy and deleted me.  I tried to re-friend him and we exchanged some unpleasant words and life went on.  Still that won’t keep me from lusting after his body.  Unfortunately, changes with Uverse aren’t instant – the orders were processed right away but you have to wait for an activation date.  Here won’t be available until tomorrow.  I am still waiting to find out about my voice plan and if I see my bill increasing then I can always change back.  While I hate limits as in 200 minutes a month – I really don’t think I use my home phone that much.  I’ve got 450 on my cell and only 1 time have I used all that and then some, which was back when my late partner was in the hospital dying.  So I made the choices for me so that I can be happy.  I hope they were good choices.    Only time will tell.

Sunday out to fill up the car with gas, I had to switch gas stations because where I usually went the attendant kept mistaking me for a police officer and wanted to chat me up all the time.  It was fucking annoying as hell.  So now I pay a little bit more but I have peace of mind knowing that I won’t be bombarded with questions and chatter that I really can’t respond to, because I am in IT and not a cop.  I wish it was the other way around but everything happens for a reason.  In any case I grabbed breakfast and then went on to the grocery store.  This time before I headed out I remembered to look at my reward booklet – they are giving away pots & pans.  Well what I want you have to have a ton of stickers and then they want to charge you.  I decided nope, not playing any longer.  The promotion is over within the next few days.  Then we wait to see what they bring on next.  Thus far I have only gotten a cleaver for free and it’s still in the packaging.  I was going to re gift it but decided to keep it, as if I will ever use it.  Back to el homo where the beat goes on with laundry and putting the groceries away.  I managed to take a nice nap, which I really didn’t need but hey it’s done now.  I wanted to vacuum but everyone seems so peaceful, so I am skipping it for this weekend.  I still have to work on the trash and getting the crap off the wall that Bear left for me.  I wish he would have gone on his pee pad for that but he loves the hallway for some reason.  I’m putting a pad there just in case for next time.  I picked up Stouffers Limited Edition Family Size Mac & Cheese with Pepperoni.  It’s got white cheese, tomato sauce and pepperoni – looks delicious and it’s dinner tonight, so looking forward to it. 

The 1st round of being on-call will end tomorrow at 7a, which will be nice to have my life back.  It hasn’t been as taxing as it was in the past.  I had a couple calls over the weekend.  For the most part it’s fairly quiet – especially today because of the big football game.  I can only hope for quiet the next time I am on, which is in 2 weeks.  Then we will have a Friday the 13th and Valentines Day all in the same week.  I wonder what those odds will bring?  It’s always fun calling someone back when I have momma chirping in the background as she plays with her toys.  Vocal Woman but I love her.  That noise is music to my ears, except of course when I am working or trying to record a podcast.  Always seems to happen at the most inconvenient time. 

We had a claw trimming weekend for everyone but Ruth.  Her turn is next week.  I have been getting clawed to death first by Momma, then Insty and finally LB.  It hurts plus it itches like crazy.  LB took a swipe at my face and got me.  We were hugging and he was just being affectionate, plus letting me know that he wanted down. 

There you have it the Friday, Saturday and Sunday wrap up post.  Onward towards a new week, a fresh beginning and no worries of being on-call after 7a tomorrow!  I hope that you had an awesome 3 days and that the weather in your neck of the woods is nice.  If your a football fan and going to watch the Super Bowl I hope your team wins regardless if they have big or little balls.  :-)  Talk with you peeps again soon!

No comments: