05 February 2015

Traffic

I saw the weather was getting bad yesterday afternoon.  I left 5 minutes early but had to join the Conga line out of the parking garage.  Once I got out it was bumper to bumper the entire way home.  My top speed for the bulk of my commute never got above 10 mph.  Even on the freeway/interstate.  It took me 2 and 1/2 hours to get home.  I had enough time to say hi to the children who were pissed off because I was late and time to grab a quick bite.  Then it was on to bed.  I did have some time to watch a little TV, which was kind of nice.  Sure as 2 and 2 is 4 morning rolled around quicker than I wanted it to.

This mornings commute into work started off normal but quickly went down hill.  I played inch worm again for a good part of my commute and my top speed wasn’t over 60 mph.  I was late to work but only by 5 minutes.  I am thankful that I left the house early because I thought I would never get here.  If it wasn’t for the fact that I had a massage scheduled I would have done a U turn and went back home.  I still thought about it but that really isn’t how I want to use my time, so here I am.  Of all of the Thursday’s I wish today were Friday.  It has been such a long and laborious week.  This guy is ready for rest. 

The part I don’t understand is we get the same speech each time … slow down, take your time, etc.  but there are always accidents, cars run off the road or in ditches.  If everyone who knew how to drive would occupy the roads during bad weather and those that don’t know how to drive or are scared would stay home, I think that commute woes would be a lot less. 

My right foot is killing me from all of the breaking I had to do.  I wanted to wear my boots but figured that was over kill so I wore my normal shoes.  Tomorrow I think will be boot day, they seem to help fix my feet when they are stressed.  The problems that are on set with age really suck.  Getting older is no big deal but it’s the problems that come with age that are the real issue.  I am probably preaching to the choir, but I had to put it out there. 

Marv has been up and down all week long.  We start out in bed together then he wakes me up because he wants out and I let him out.  I use the bathroom and he has snuck back into my room and is ready for bed.  Only to repeat the process a couple more times.  Makes for not so much rest.  I wish he would settle down.  Last night he was eating his treats and Bear decided he didn’t get enough so he moved closer to Marv and pushed him out of the way.  Those boys sure are something else.  I like it when they play with each other.  That happened a lot more when they were younger and Bear was much healthier.  There is never too many dull moments.  When I was done with my shower I went into my room to find Insty curled up underneath the covers, like she is hiding and she was watching the news intently.  That is until I put my hand on top of the cover, then I started the meow machine.  That isn’t something she just stops when you tell her, it’s got to work it’s way out and it might be 5 minutes or it might be 60 minutes.  There could also be small breaks in between.  It’s rather annoying and often one of the reasons why I lose it with her. 

We are closer to massage time.  I am going to ask for more time face down than face up, because it feels better.  Plus there is nothing like a having someone rub your back with a hot rock, oh that feels so good.  I just wish there was time to take a nap afterwards.  If I wasn’t afraid of getting caught and losing my job, I would give it a go.  I’ve got a storage closet with limited access.  No one really ever goes in but me.  I could turn the lights out and sleep in a chair.  It wouldn’t be comfortable but it would be a nap. 

Early weekend plans are to get my hairs cut.  The usual grocery, cat food, cleaning, laundry.  Might get together with friends.  If that falls through then I may go to the movies by myself if I can find Blackhat playing.  I really want to see it. 

Well I shouldn’t eat early but I am going to, so that I don’t have to rush through lunch in order to make my massage.  I hope the rest of the day is smooth sailing and that the commute tonight is problem free.  It’s rather cold here and we don’t have but an inch or two of snow, there is some ice mixed in.  However, it’s really not that bad.  Best news is major warm up on the way starting tomorrow and continuing through the weekend, which is a good thing.  Take care and I will talk with you again soon.

1 comment:

Jude said...

With a lot of snow falling here since yesterday, I would think our traffic will be fairly slow this morning too. I hope your ride into work is better today!