I woke up this morning, my head was clogged up and I had been sleeping really good. My right ear was killing me, which is not a good sign. I am starting to think that I am brewing an infection, but perhaps it was just a one off. Given how I felt I elected to stay home today. It might not have been the smartest thing I have done but it was a day that was very much needed. I think I should always schedule a day off when I am done with being on-call. It was just a stressful time and the events of the weekend didn’t help.
It was nice to be able to turn my phone off and not worry about what was going on. I have since turned it back on and wow all sorts of stuff happened today. People actually miss me. Kind of nice to know. Tomorrow should be an interesting day and I am sure it too will be filled with stress. However, it’s time to get back in the game, unless of course I am dying or something unforeseen happens.
I have slept a good part of the day, watched a movie and some TV. Enjoyed time with the children and they got lunch, which they were pretty happy about. I didn’t get dressed until around 2p when I ventured out of the house for the mail and I stopped at the local bar for Taco Tuesday. It was nice to get out but there is just something about staying home that is nice. I gathered the trash and it’s out at the curb. Since we had snow trash pickup is behind by 1 day. It just means that I get to throw that much more away.
I got an unexpected surprise in the mail. My car insurance renewal. It of course like everything but my paycheck went up. Having this extra vehicle is killing me. I mean it’s nice but it’s expensive. I don’t drive it that much, it mostly sits in the driveway. I stick to my car because it’s cheaper to operate, but apparently the car now costs more than the truck. They used to be within a few dollars of each other. I haven’t taken the time to do a comparison to see what went up, but I know I no longer have a $50 Comprehensive deductible. The minimum is $250. The same thing happened last year with Collision no more $100 deductible the minimum is $250.
I called the old mortgage company and they said they would e-mail and mail me another copy of the Mortgage Interest Statement, otherwise known as a form 1098. The lady took my information and said that it was sent. Now you’d think I should have an e-mail, right? Nope nothing showing yet. I will give it 24 hours and hopefully it shows up. If not then I guess I will have to wait for snail mail. Considering the car insurance it sure would be nice to get his taxes filed. I am sure I will be getting a decent sum of money back. Plus it will aid in closure I’ve got this plus his Bankruptcy. Once I am done with that then I can pretty well close the books. It will be about selling some of his possessions and moving forward.
I am back in the dating pool again, as in I downloaded some apps. I have been watching with no profile and last night I saw a guy that I thought would be perfect for me. He is 32 and also widowed – he is a lot more adventurous than I. I really wanted to talk with him so I joined up and sent him a message. I got a response back where he wanted a photo, which was odd because there is one in my profile. Anyway, that is the last I have heard. I’m guessing by his lack of response that he is not interested. I told him that he was the reason why I was back on the app, perhaps I was too forthright but honesty is my policy and it’s the best one to have in a potential relationship. I will admit it’s kind of depressing that no one wants me but it’s also starting to reaffirm a belief that maybe I should just be satisfied with myself and not worry about a man. In a way I think that is also a cop out to giving up and well if I would have given up I wouldn’t own a house and wouldn’t have made it as far as I have. This whole Columbus method of Seek and Land is frustrating. Trying to find Mr. Right v Mr. Right now is not an easy challenge. Too bad I’m not straight the battle I don’t think would be that difficult.
So the season premier of Tosh.O is on tonight. That is something to look forward to. Plus the fact that tomorrow is Wednesday and there will only be 2 more days left in the week … that much closer to the weekend. So I am going to enjoy what time I have tonight with the TV and being alone. Because sooner rather than later I will be back at it and on the go again. TTYL
No comments:
Post a Comment