I think I am going to get what I have wanted for a long time…. a snow day. That is provided the forecast is accurate. The snow is suppose to start anytime now and it’s not supposed to quit until 4p tomorrow. Were in for about a foot of snow and I honestly hope we get it. I would like a day or two at home because the office is closed. I get paid and don’t have to use my time. That is the upside. The downside is that it will get old after a while and I will also probably have to shovel the driveway. I will take a look out tomorrow before I actually step out and I will call our ‘hotline’ at work to see if the office is even open. I will just play it by ear and see what happens.
I decided to file my taxes today. I get a nice refund from the federal government but most of it has been consumed by having to pay the 2 states … one which I live in and the other which I work in. Next year I suspect that will be offset by mortgage interest and at least the state I live in will owe me. The state I work in I always owe a small amount. I filed all of the returns electronically. I am just waiting for acceptance from the 2 states and then I will be able to mail in my money and this will be a done deal. I used H&R Block the on-line service. I got a discount through work and even with the discount it felt like I was taking it up the ass. $100 to do just my taxes. They didn’t charge me for the electronic filing, I suppose that fee was already baked in. Turbo tax is what we have used in the past and it’s a little cheaper but they charge you to file your state returns, so it just about balances out.
Now I still have to file a tax return for my late partner because of the mortgage. I want that money back as well, I mean it’s mine. A dead person didn’t make mortgage payments. The problem is that I don’t have the paperwork to be able to file. I am sure they mailed it to his Bankruptcy Attorney and he’s not in any hurry to get that to me. So I will have to call the old mortgage company and see if they will send it to me electronically so that I can get the show on the road. I am going to have to fork out more money to pay for his tax prep but the refund should off set that. Then I am done and he won’t have to ever file a tax return again, which is good news. Less hassle for me.
I got a wake up call from someone needing help @ 7:30a and that sprung me out of bed. I had to wait about 30 minutes before his issue was fixed but eventually I was able to give him the all clear. Then I got dressed and headed out for breakfast @ Steak N Shake. I had a bowl of Chili and a Steakburger Royale with Cheese and a side of fries. Washed it all down with a Diet Coke and that was breakfast. It was good and I could have downed another bowl of chili but I quit while i was ahead. I wanted a milk shake but with it being so cold outside already I passed on that, which will allow me to consume ice cream tonight. Then made it to the grocery store and finally filled up the tank in my car. Then it was time to go home, unload all of the groceries and warm up.
That’s it for calls up to this point. I hope I have caught a lucky break and it stays this way. I feel like there really was no weekend for me. I got everything that I wanted to accomplished today and then some. The tax thing was a spur of the moment thing, I had plans to wait and purchase the software in the store but it’s done. I just hope there aren’t any forms that are still lingering in the mail. Everything should be in now. If not then I will have to go through the fun process of filing amended returns which will cause nothing but problems. I believe I have everything, snail mail is slow but it’s not that slow.
Looking forward to a night full of fun on TV with Shameless & Looking, that always is the best part of Sunday. Then we move on to bed time and start another week in the morning.
I saw a good movie today. It’s called Switched with Jason Bateman. I really don’t like him but most times I watch his movies I walk away from a good movie. This was one of those times. I got to see a kid and a grownup bond, it was fun. This was a romantic comedy. I was very bored and this honestly helped perk up my day.
Well it’s getting to be that time again. I hope that the weather is nice in your neck of the woods. That you had a great weekend and you got some rest & had some fun. Onward to another week and lets hope this one is easier than last week. Take care, stay warm and I will talk with you peeps later.
1 comment:
Good for you for getting your taxes filed already, I hope it all works out in your favour. :)
Wasn't much of a weekend for me either, I worked Saturday as I do every other Saturday. Ah well....
Have a good week, hopefully you won't get TOO much snow.
Post a Comment