25 January 2015

Unpleasant Surprise

Here we are at Sunday and the weekend is just about over.  Below is the recap of how things went down in my world…..

 

Friday night – I tried to eat out but the Mexican place I wanted to go to was packed.  I wound up at Denny’s with some poor excuse for a Mexican meal but some good chocolate cake.  Then I came home took care of the children, the litter.  Then I promptly took a Muscle Relaxer (last one in the bottle from 2009) along with some antacid medicine, so I wouldn’t wake up in the middle of the night with acid burning my throat.  I brushed my teeth and took a very hot shower (if only you were a bar of soap, we could have been there together) and sat and watched TV until I passed out.  I could feel it coming on and just knew it was time so I got in bed and was teleported to dreamland.

Saturday – Woke up earlier than I wanted.  Fed the children, got dressed and grabbed the lab order.  Off to the hospital I went.  In registration the lady kept telling me my insurance coverage wasn’t valid and then she said my late partners name and asked who that was.  I explained and finally she hit the right keys so that my new coverage populated and presto – valid coverage.  Then it was time to wait and soon Vampira came out to get me.  A short black lady who had a great disposition.  She seemed gentle but I soon found out she was rough.  She gave me a little prick (I hate those) in my left arm.  Then she started to play the fiddle with the needle and kept telling me not to look.  After a couple minutes she asked if she was hurting me, I said yes at which time she stopped.  The problem is you find a vein and think that you have it dead on and when the needle enters the vein rolls, so you have to fish for it or pull out and start over.  She switched arms and gave me a little prick in the right arm.  Presto she found it and I am telling you this was the most blood that was ever taken from me.  I think there were like 8 vials.  I kept passing them to her and she never even uttered a thank you.  She did tell me to never give my left arm again – always use the right.  Well if your good and know what your doing either arm should work.

I left the hospital and went to grab breakfast.  Then I went to grab the mail.  What did I find but a certified letter waiting for my late partner.  As I have said before, rarely does good news come via certified mail.  It was a letter from the County Treasurer.  A past due notice on the property taxes and a 1 month notice that if they weren’t paid they would be auctioned.  I was pretty pissed off but after I came home and looked at the bill I realized that the 4th quarter payment wasn’t made because the loan switched hands.  So the extra refunded escrow money from the old loan and from my new loan well that needed to go towards the taxes.  Here I am thinking I am making headway and something like this comes along and robs me of some much needed money.  I really didn’t have a choice I mean I could have told my present loan company about it and they could have issued payment but that probably would have taken weeks.  I needed piece of mind that this was over and done with.  So I wrote out a check and sent the payment back via certified mail.  I know my check will be my receipt but still the mailing receipt and having someone sign for it is just an added extra plus.  My name is on the check and not my late partners but as long as they get their money they don’t care.  It could have said Daffy Duck just as long as the check doesn’t bounce your in good shape.  I had to hurry but made it to the post office in 5 minutes from my house.  It was a huge stretch and lots of slow pokes to get in my way, but then again that always happens when your in a hurry.

I went cat food shopping and came home.  Put away the cat food, cleaned up after the children again and then went to the computer to transfer money so that check was good, when it arrives on Monday they can cash it w/o any problem.  Then upstairs to call AT&T.  I mentioned my two issues to some dude who didn’t speak English that well.  The first issue was the remote control and he is telling me the batteries are bad, uh I don’t think so.  He had no idea how to fix it and said the remotes were bad, so he is sending me 2 more remotes for free.  Then I told him about my cell phone and how I can’t seem to watch TV on it because I get this device not authorized.  He said well your subscribed for it so it’s got to be an issue with your phone.  So he referred me to Apple. 

If you want something done and done right, you have to do it yourself.  I played with the codes on the remote again and finally found the right one.  Problem #1 solved.  Then I went to the AT&T Modem and got the wifi password off of the side of the box.  I joined their wifi network and launched the app.  It saw both boxes and I was able to watch TV.  I disconnected from their network, because since I don’t have internet with them I couldn’t browse.  I went back on my wifi network and presto I am watching TV again.  I sat there for a good five minutes and no issues.  I think I needed a token, cookie or key from their network to tell my phone, hey it’s okay he’s paid for this.  Problem #2 solved. 

Then it was time for a nice nap.  When I woke up I was supposed to go to the movies to see Blackhat but I talked myself out of it.  Instead I went back to the Mexican place that I tried to get into on Friday night.  I got in but service was slow.  I sat across from another guy who was by himself.  He was more interested in TV than in looking at me.  I gave it a couple minutes and moved on to my phone.  I enjoyed my meal then went to pay.  Holy crap there is this blond bombshell behind the counter and I got to check out his assets, pretty good.  He took the payment information and I left without his phone number.  I didn’t ask but it would have been nice. 

Then back to home.  Where I started my quest to find a pen I gave to my late partner.  It’s a Tombow and he just loved it.  I remember seeing it in his office and I remember putting it aside when I was going through his things.  Now no matter where I look I can’t find it.  I am wondering if I accidentally threw it away.  I can’t see myself doing that but I have done a lot of crazy things.  Emotions run high when I am in his rooms and going through his stuff.  I just keep thinking why did you have to die?  I gave up eventually.  Then on to my pc for the rest of the night.  Late to bed.

Sunday – Woke up earlier than I wanted to, fed the children.  Threw on some clothes and shuffled out the door to breakfast again.  Then did my grocery shopping and got gas for the car.  On to home putting everything away and cleaning house.  Got the children some lunch.  I started laundry and watched TV.  I knew that was a mistake and eventually wound up taking a nap.  That was nice.  Then I went back to looking for that damn pen again.  I found 6 sticks of unused black genuine Xerox ink for the printer.  That was awesome.  I moved things around again and still no luck.  I don’t think I will find it until I start throwing things out.  I need to raid the room like a jail cell.  Take everything out of the room and then put back only what I want and need to keep.  That is a project for a different day.  Back to laundry and here I am.

I published comments on the blog, changed the masthead and background.  Hard to believe the 1st month of 2015 is about over.  Sounds like NYC is going to get dumped on with a snow storm.  I really wish that was here.  We haven’t had but dustings and we could use a good dump of snow, just a helpful reminder that it’s winter.  I mean we have had some of the temperatures but none of the weather that goes with it.

I have been checking the on-line portal to see what my lab results are but they won’t be posted at earliest until tomorrow.  They want my doc to have time to read them and discuss them with me.  I know my blood sugar will be out of whack as will my cholesterol but I pray that the liver is okay and there isn’t anything major going on.  The odd thing is that since I have the work done at a hospital my doctor is not on staff at, the results often get lost in his office or the hospital doesn’t send them.  I signed up for on-line access so that if there is a problem I can simply print them out and get them to him.  I just want good news.  I can take extra medicine or switch medicines but I am not ready for any health problems, I am far too young for that.  I still eat what I want and when I want it.  All the more reason why I need a man who can cook – so I get nice meals that are actually good for me.  I mean before I wasn’t eating healthy but vegetables were a lot more common in my diet.  Now that I have to think about what I want well it’s quick, it’s easy and doesn’t taste as good.  It’s not a balanced meal it’s a convenient meal that I can slurp down so that I can move on with my evening and get ready for the next day of work, or as will be the case tomorrow night so that I can get ready for being on-call.  Lucky me. 

Hopefully your weekend has been drama and bad news free.  Perhaps your weather is better than mine.  I’d love to be in CA right now with warm weather.  That’s all I know other than it’s pizza time.  Got to get to baking and then to prepping for tomorrow.  Looking forward to watching Shameless and Looking tonight.  Tomorrow will be here soon enough.  Ciao for now.  Talk with you peeps later.

1 comment:

Jude said...

Sorry about the property taxes, that must have been a real bummer. :(

Most of our snow has melted and we've water puddles and rivers in the streets, it has been so warm for so long. BUT... it is only January so I know we'll get more yet.