This morning started off with a BANG. One of the facilities had problems with their Time Clock. Somehow this turned into an IT problem when it has everything to do with Payroll. However, the dyke that runs payroll said she didn’t know anything about it and said that I should fix it. Well guess what I don’t know shit from apple butter about it either. Who can I toss it to? No one the buck always seems to stop with me. So for about 2 hours we went back and forth – eventually the problem worked out and all is well.
Just when I thought I was going to get rest and relaxation the office manager tells me she hired a new person. Now she fucking knew this on Tuesday but she waits until the 11th hour to tell me so that I can get access in place. I dropped everything and got started on this. I created a network account for her and sent the credentials so at least the new person didn’t have to sit and be bored all day. I called in the afternoon when the vendor had their e-mail setup and guess what the new person wasn’t given their login credentials. Ugh! I got them all taken care of and then it was out the door.
I went out for a hair cut and I will be damned if they didn’t cut them all. I had to wait like 30 minutes. No cute guys to look at either. I went next door to Beltone the hearing aid company and asked them to take my late partner off of their mailing list. I asked about what to do with his old hearing aids and batteries. She told me donate them to the Lions Club. Uh I am not a charity and not looking to donate anything. I need to turn this into cash somehow. Guess I will consider putting them up on eBay.
Got the mail and then headed to Ruby Tuesday. I used a gift card I got for Christmas. I knew I wanted Broccoli Cheese Soup but wasn’t sure after that. I saw ribs and while I enjoy them they are messy. However, me and my late partner went to I can’t say how many restaurants so he could eat Ribs. So I got them in honor of him, he would get a full rack but I only got a1/2 rack. It didn’t fill me up but they sure were good.
Afterwards I headed to the movies and saw the Madea Christmas Movie and got robbed. I paid $17 for 2 tickets when all I asked for was 1 ticket. I didn’t figure it out until I got home and well by then it’s too late so I’m out $8.50. Teenagers need to pay attention to what us old folks say… 1 means just 1 and not two. I mean I didn’t have anyone with me and there was no one behind me in line so I don’t get it.
Came home and drove around the neighborhood to see who decorated for Christmas. Nice. Thinking about going to a light show we used to visit tomorrow night, may pass but it kind of depends upon what kind of mood I am in. I’ve seen it before and have video of it but seeing live is just fantastic.
I’ve made my list out for Friday and it’s so full of things to do that some of it will bleed over to Saturday. It’s really bitter cold outside and it’s only going to get colder. We have snow and there is more on the way in a couple days. Saturday & Sunday both and I think maybe Monday. So here comes Winter Wonderland. Everyone gets upset by the snow but it always brought comfort to my late partner. I just knew that if it snowed yesterday that this would be a good year, I hope I am right.
I did get through to the mortgage company but the lady put me on eternal hold so I will be calling tomorrow with a freshly charged phone.
Okay time to prep for bed. I am getting a shower tonight, didn’t get it last night decided to pass. I did take the muscle relaxer and feel a little bit better but it really knocked me for a loop and I had the most bizarre dreams.
Hope your 2nd day was a good one. Tomorrow is the first Friday of the year and normally I am happy for Fridays but it means my time off is winding down and I really hate that. Ah well I knew it would happen. I still have 3 full days away and plenty to do. So I am off to do now. Stay Warm!
1 comment:
I love how you had ribs in his honour. :)
Enjoy your weekend, I know what you mean about the workday coming too soon!
Post a Comment