I ventured in today. The hardest part was getting out of the subdivision. They always do a lousy job of clearing the snow. Make it to the main streets and they are all in pretty good shape. It took me about an hour and a half to get to work this morning, yes I was late but only by 20 minutes. I had the attitude that I will be there when I get there. When I saw I would be late I sent my boss an e-mail. I’ve only been late 1 other time and it was due to traffic and rain. I got a reply from him then but today nothing. He really doesn’t care for me, but the feeling is mutual. Thankfully he pretty well left me alone today. That “talk” we were supposed to have was just his way of trying to intimidate me. Those things usually never come to fruition because he is old and he forgets!
The one big legal case that I am in is really starting to kick my ass. I mentioned another finding today to our attorney and once again I was told that I need to start taking the lead and ask about other obvious things, like in this case. Doing what your told doesn’t cut it, you have to ask questions, probe and make sure everything is covered. Yeah, well you don’t work for the same fucktard that I do. I am learning some valuable things so the next case that comes my way should be a breeze, that is if I ever get access to the archived e-mail. Since my boss no longer trusts me I am not so sure that will happen. He lets me have barley enough access to do my job. What he fails to realize is that I can see every document, get into every file and if I wanted to create quite a calamity for them. However, that wouldn’t serve me or them, so why waste the time. I just can’t wait to get away from this place.
Today was a very busy day and tomorrow looks to be the same. I have lots of different things to do. People always ask me are you busy and no matter what I say they always dump a bunch of work on me. I never say I am not busy because that I learned a long time ago is an invitation to disaster. I saw a co-worker get fired for answering that question with a no, I have nothing to do. Duh, don’t ever say that bad things will happen.
My commute home took an hour and a half as well. I went several different ways to avoid a backup but got stuck multiple times. Hopefully, things are better tomorrow night. The bad thing about getting home late is that the evening is shot real fast. Barley enough time to have supper, 5 minutes with the kids and then it’s time for bed.
Last night Big Boy really bothered me. He sounded all congested. I was brushing my tooth and heard him breathing. He was only right outside the bathroom door. I can’t hear any of the other cats breathe, unless they are sleeping and then only sometimes. He was just acting odd. I thought the worst but picked him up and carried him to my room. Just what my aching back needed. Then he was just fine this morning. He curled up in his bed. He seemed eager this morning for his medicine. Ah, this I think will be his last year but I am just taking it as it comes. I pray for the best. There is no preparing for death, even though I have been warned. I heard about a new drug in humans that is injected multiple times over the course of weeks and it eats away scar tissue. They used it to correct curved penis in humans. I wonder if they injected the same drug into the cat if it would destroy the scar tissue and give him more life? Even if it would, the cost would probably kill me. Money is no longer an option - I have to think before I spend, which really kills me.
Okay so it’s starting to get late. I have lots to do before bed. So time to go do and then some rest. Were getting more snow tonight but they promise it’s only a dusting. Yeah, heard that one before. Tomorrow I think a little snow but much warmer and Friday in the 40’s and rain. Bye Bye Snow! Can’t wait to have a clean driveway again.
I do miss the work from home days, there is no one to question my movements or eavesdrop on conversations and there is no back biting. Ah, some day it will get better.
Oh last thing. I won the lottery, nothing big. Had the Big Ball (he he) and 1 number. I think I get like $2 – I will invest it back into another ticket. Thinking of buying a $5 scratch off ticket, it’s a lot to loose but the winnings are greater, plus the results are instant. I think if I won $50k or $100k I would just tell my boss I am not coming back and take the rest of the year to find a new job. It would be a lot of time on my hands but I could sure have a lot of fun.
Okay no more rambling, I am going for real this time. Stay warm, be safe and I will talk with you peeps later.
1 comment:
I hope Big Boy is still with you for a long while yet. And hopefully your commute is better today!
Post a Comment