23 August 2013

Weekend..Ready…Okay!

Well we finally made it!  My day is half over but mentally it was over with before it even started.  I am so done, this week has sucked.

There was an issue with some of the hardware that I have configured as well as a WIFI Network that I installed.  I managed to get everything fixed without having to jump on an airplane, which is awesome.  I of course was blamed for everything even though the root issue is the performance of the hardware.  It got a touch screen on it and that is the issue, people hate it.  My boss asked me who’s bright idea it was to buy this hardware and I got to say yours!  That made me feel so good and I’m sure he felt like an ass afterward, but I don’t care.  He asked, I answered. 

My friend that is coming to work here in a couple weeks, sent me a text message asking me to hook her up with a tablet and an iphone.  I wrote back and said you will get what you need to preform the fucntions of your job.  If management feels you need a tablet and an iphone then you will get one.  Then I what I wanted to say was I alredy hooked you up with the job, is this how your going to repay me by being a needy bitch?  I don’t have any control over who gets what.  I am told what to do and I do it, like it or not.  I don’t have time to play games or cater to one person, I have a whole organization to support.  I think her working here is going to be a cluster fuck.  She will either get mad and quit or they will fire her, either way I don’t think she will last more than a month at best.  Now maybe once she is here my tune will change but I am keeping her at bay, I feel she is taking advantage of me and using me for what she can get out of me, then when I am no longer of use she will drop me.  So my way of combating that is to keep my distance and shut her out.  I put the walls up and it’s like she isn’t even there.  Sucks because we were really close.  I don’t let too many people in, I keep up barriers for a reason.  This is the second person to hurt me.  So as a result I am not as trusting today.  I want to make friends and eventually a boyfriend but if it means I am going to get hurt in the process I will be content with my cats.

Paycheck Rootlet worked out great for me.  Someone forgot to deduct for insurance but remembered my back pay and pay raise.  So I took home more money!  That was so needed.  I still had to dip into my savings to pay bills but it wasn’t as much as I thought.  I took out more than I needed so I have a small cushion to ride on.  That will be eaten up quickly with cat food, groceries and the little eating out I am doing.  My goal is to live off of cash and try to get away from credit.  Credit is a good thing but you can wrack up quite a bill and then it can be a struggle to pay off.  Credit is too much of a trap.  Now if I was making what I made at my old job I wouldn’t have any worries about the house, credit or money.  However, I am not so I have to worry.

Called the mortgage company yesterday.  They need to know that I have an interest in the property and that my name is on the title.  Well my name isn’t on the title but the Trust’s name is and I am the successor trustee so there shouldn’t be a problem.  I live in the house, I have the house insured in my name and I am the poor bastard making the house payments.  I was hoping they would tell me that I could lower my house payment this month but no such luck.  I have already scheduled a regular payment for next month.  Perhaps in the next couple months, the sooner the better.  Hearing they needed more documents was exactly the answer I was hoping NOT to get.  So much for that.

My plans thus far for the weekend are to get my hair cut, the usual shopping, laundry, cleaning.  I could use some extra sleep to recoup from the week of hell.  Perhaps a road trip, not sure about that yet.  Thinking I may want to save it for next weekend when we have 3 days.  I am also trying to figure out a way to clean up the garage to get the truck in there.  He had so much crap in the garage so there is room for my car but not the truck.  I’m tired of it being outside actually I am tired of seeing it period.  However, selling it right now doesn’t seem like the best option so keeping it and hiding it in the garage seems like a better idea.  Not sure if I will make any headway but I may try.  I am starting things out for this weekend by going out with a friend.  Not sure where we are going.  I have a couple suggestions but will wait to see how he feels. I do have to visit the jeweler tomorrow in need of a couple watch batteries.

I had to replace my UPS in my bedroom.  I woke up yesterday and the cable box was powering on and off, then the TIVO and VCR started so I knew something was up.  I bought a small replacement and viola problem solved.  Now I am wondering about my old TIVO if I hook it up in a different part of the house if I will be able to get my shows, going to look into that one.  I hope I am done with home issues.  I have enough going on in my life without having to worry about repairs.

Speaking of repairs, Big Boy is glowing.  He looks really good.  I brushed him the other night and he lapped it up, just purring away.  I have had to carry him into my bedroom the last couple nights because he wants to go but I think he is just being lazy and trying to see how much I will cater to him.  I don’t want any regrets so I do things for him like carrying him that I wouldn’t normally do. 

Okay so work is still waiting for me I guess I should go back to it.  That is the only way I will ever get done.  Perhaps the hardware project I am working on will be done soon.  I do have a lot of other hardware to configure – my friend coming, the re-replacement machine for the office manager and then another hardware project.  Chalk it all up to job security.  I just hope things settle down and I am left alone for a very long time. 

I hope that you have a nice weekend and I will talk with you peeps later.

3 comments:

Jude said...

I once had an old "friend" hired on at my job and she turned out to be a nightmare that my boss (and myself) couldn't WAIT to get rid of, and we did. You just never know! I hope your friend works out and stops using you.

Good luck with the garage.. my hubby has ours so full you can't get ANY vehicles in it. :/

Erik said...

Is Big Boy a cat or a dog?
cool blog post tho, have a great weekend

Jeremy Ryan said...

Big Boy is an all black 40 pound cat. Nice as pie - scared of strangers.