03 August 2013

Saturday

Surprise I stayed home today.  I called my brother early this morning and asked if he and my mom wanted to meet up for lunch or supper.  There is a new restaurant and I figured I could expose them to a nice place.  It worked.  We all ordered way too much food.  The total bill was $49.99 that’s never happened before. 

I tried to sleep a couple times today but got interrupted, so I guess that was a subtle way of telling me time to get up.

I did get my hair cut.  I thought about going into work to tidy up my new office but decided against it.  Weekends are meant for relaxing NOT for working.  I guess someone should tell that to the Big Box Home Improvement stores.  :)

Friday night I heard that my old boss, the one I am supposed to meet in a couple weeks has taken a new job and is going to move out of state.  That was kind of sad.  I asked if we were still on and right now it’s tentative but I think that he will wind up cancelling.  I honestly don’t think I am that important to him.  I kind of want to say well let’s cancel but I want to see what happens.

The mail brought me a free ink cartridge for my printer and a bottle of medicine.  Nothing else.  I scrambled to make it to the post office before they closed.  Just in case there is something to sign for, that is one of my fears that they will drop something in the box saying I have to sign and then they are closed so I am screwed. 

I broke out my guy’s old steam cleaner and worked on the rug in the basement.  I like it much better than the one I bought but the problem is it doesn’t suck enough.  It takes forever to get stains out and you use lots of water but most of it sits in the carpet.  So I guess I have two cleaners one for upstairs and one for downstairs.  I knew there was a reason why we stopped using it but I forgot, it’s been that long ago that it was used like years.

I put an auto reply on my guy’s e-mail telling people he’s dead.  I gave them a real address if they need to reach a human but most of what I have been getting for the past couple months is junk.  I need to delete his account but can’t bring myself to part with much of anything that was his.  I am paralyzed.  I had intentions of going through his clothes but I’ve managed to talk myself out of it. 

Having aspirations, desires or making plans is all great.  However, the follow through is what counts. Normally it’s not a problem but when it comes to the matter of my guy I procrastinate.  It’s like if I do X then he will come back.  I know that is not the case.  Plus there is all of the emotions that I really don’t want to deal with.  I am starting to grow tired of having his doors closed all the time but eventually I will do what I have to do.  I thought pulling the plug was the hardest thing to do, in retrospect that was easy compared to what I am dealing with now.

I have completed and gathered all of the paperwork necessary to retitle and register his vehicle into my name.  The best news of all is that there is no sales tax to pay because it’s an estate gift from a spouse to a spouse.  However, the fee to take care of the transfer, registration and issue new plates is $200.  Yikes!  Right now I don’t have that much money to part with but come Wednesday I will.  So I am going to issue payment Wednesday and get the show on the road.  It will suck taking off his license plates and putting on new ones but it’s something that needs to happen.

I priced his vehicle on-line and selling it to another person it’s worth about $4,000.  I then got curious and looked at mine, it’s worth $11,000.00 which is more than I owe on it.  I’m tempted to sell them both outright and be able to pocket the cash, buy something new and call it a day.  However, finding buyers and getting around w/o a vehicle would be a challenge.  I did ask at the dealership the other day if I could trade in multiple vehicles and they said yes.  I’ve got new car fever and changing the name on his vehicle is only temptation calling me.  Right now I have the rest of this year and all of next and then I will be car payment free.  Not exactly sure what to do but right now I am doing nothing because that seems like the safest bet.

My head itches, always gets that way after a haircut.  I always let them shampoo my hair and that takes care of it for a while but then it kicks in when I am at home.  I really hate that but it’s the price I pay for looking sharp all the time.  Every two weeks like clock work it’s hair cut time. 

Oh Vitamin withdrawal is hitting me.  I am super tired now.  My foot still hurts, feels better w/o shoes on.  I suppose I have to give my body time to flush things out and then hopefully things will go back to normal.

The odd thing is my brother has problems with the same leg.  His issue is varicose veins that are bulging and a huge rash that I think is a fungal infection.  His doctor & surgeon think that it’s lack of blood flow to the leg.  Hello his foot would turn colors and eventually gang green would set in.  I think he needs a Dermatologist and told him to see one of them.  They could probably do more help for the rash.  As for the veins well they look horrible and he needs to get them fixed because it will only lead to problems in the future.  If that was my body I would have already been in and out of surgery.  I don’t play!  Of course I have health insurance and he doesn’t.  He told me that the surgeons office told him that the office visit could be as high as $300 for what was 5 minutes with the doctor.  Seriously?  He was appalled.  I told him oh yeah that is the way they play the game.  They all milk it be the insurance company or the patient, your going to part with some cash so be prepared.

I am thinking of Lasagna for lunch/supper tomorrow.  It will be an afternoon meal not two separate meals.  Breakfast is a little more challenging I can go out but that costs money or I can stay home and eat cereal.  My craving right now is Eggs along with Biscuits & Gravy.  Maybe Waffle House.  I will have to see how I feel in the morning.  I try to talk myself out of things all the time, sometimes it works and other times well I just give in.

I try to pamper myself as best as I can but within a reasonable limit.  Eating out or buying things on line – those are my vices along with hair care products.  So stay away from the Big Box Office Stores and the Hair Care Stores and I’m good.  When I eat out I try to go cheap but other times I want what I want and give in.  I’ve got friends that will be wanting to go out in 2 weeks and I am sure it will be a Maggiano’s event but we haven’t set anything in stone yet.  If we do go there I will certainly look forward to it. 

My plan today would have been to go to the office and then for lunch visit a place close by and order a Scillian Pizza.  It takes 30 minutes to make and normally at lunch I don’t have that kind of time.  I have always wanted to try it but that hasn’t happened yet.  The other thing I thought of was to go to Maggiano’s after I was done at work.  Never been there by myself but that doesn’t mean I can’t go. 

I had someone that is like minded with the same interested and in the same profession look at my profile on the dating site.  We live close by and maybe it would work but I’m not sure.  From his photo there isn’t any real chemistry but his profile is like what is on the inside and it screams YES ask me out.  I passed and didn’t do anything.  If I am correct I will be done with that site this week.  I have to say I will miss looking but I think it’s for the best.

So since it’s coming up on 11pm here I think I will post this ramble and call it a night.  Time to get in front of the TV and maybe find a movie or some standup.  Talk with you peeps later.

1 comment:

Jude said...

Your brother's leg problems definitely sound like something needs to be taken care of. I can't imagine not having some sort of health coverage.... I hope he can get this fixed.

Have a restful Sunday!