19 August 2013

Monday yes again!

All in all today was a decent day.  I had some interruptions.  The boss bothered me once, having a computer problem.  It’s with one of the check scanners I set up.  I think he is doing something wrong but don’t know for sure.  Waiting to hear from the bank and that will probably happen tomorrow.

I have been doing good on the hardware and cranking them out.  I’ve got it down to a little less than an hour.  Amazing how much you can get done when people leave you alone and you don’t run Windows Update or Defender. 

I did have one unit today brick on me.  By brick I mean it’s stuck it won’t do a damn thing.  The first step after booting up and going through the Windows setup is to run an update utility put out by the manufacture that gets some updates that fix some major flaws.  Well there are 2 updates.  It got one of them, applied it and then bricked it’s self.  I can’t restore either partial or full and it’s just plain stuck.  So I called and have a box coming to me that I will get to send it into the service depot.  They say that they will charge if this is user neglect or damage.  Well, it came out of the box there isn’t a scratch on it.  Hopefully I will have it back soon.  Meanwhile I just used one of the spare units. 

I was quite pleased when I got the mail tonight.  I got an autographed photo from NPH.  That was the best thing to happen to me all day long. 

My health insurance bill came, I have managed to pay for 6 months in advance.  Awesome!  I plan on keeping it that way, maybe not 6 months but at least paid ahead.  It’s a damn good deal and I don’t want to mess it up for anything or any reason.  There is no place on the planet that I could find insurance coverage cheaper.  Now if I got better coverage and it was free that would be about the only way. 

This is pay day week.  The boss man had a hell of a time working on payroll, I hope it got it right.  I really need those extra few pennies.  I will know soon enough, come Thursday.  Ironically that is also the day he leaves for the week.  So it’s really like an extra Friday if things are going well.

I am still mulling over if I want to go through with my plan.  I know doing nothing changes nothing but at the same time once I move forward there is no turning back.  This is something I have wanted to do for a long time, but haven’t.  I am still not sure that it’s the right move.  The indications that I am getting are lay low, keep your mouth shut and find another job.  The sooner I get out of Dodge the better off I will be.  There are some unique learning experiences here with some of the projects I have been given and honestly I’d like to stay but if I am going to be treated worse than a dog then there is no point in it.  Not enough money in the world for that.  So I am looking. 

Speaking of which I need to see if there is anything new worth applying for.  Then it’s time to relax for a while.  Talk with you peeps later.

1 comment:

Jude said...

Fingers crossed you get that raise!!

And how cool would it be if your plan worked ITSELF out without you lifting a finger? ;-)