09 September 2012

Weekend Update

Friday night met my partner at Olive Garden.  It was pouring rain.  Nothing new here it’s been rain for what seems like 2 weeks but in reality I think it’s only been 1 week.  On the way home I went to grab the mail.  He went home.  I pull up in the drive way.  The garage door is open, his car door is open and there he is sitting on the floor of the garage.  He fell again!

He is okay except for some bumps and bruises.  He is shaken up and sore.  That was it I put my foot down and said tomorrow we are going where ever you want and your getting new shoes.

Saturday I called to get a massage only to find out that my normal massage person quit.  They don’t have anyone to replace her so I had to go some place else.  I chose a health club close to home.  They act like they are the bomb but it’s just a small time place.  The massage table barley fit into the room.  It was okay for a massage but nothing too exciting.  I can’t say I will go back but if I am left with no choice then I will have to. 

After that headed home and we went out to a new large mall that is meant for walking.  That is great if your my age and can walk.  For my partner it’s hell.  We stopped to get some food, just as bad as eating at the ballpark.  He got fried chicken with all of the sides for $17 and I got a slice of Pizza and a soda for $8.  Finished off my meal with a Cinabon Cinammon Roll and got one for the Mr. too.  That was $15.  Jeez I’m blowing all of his shoe money on food.

He decided he wanted to go to the Crocs store.  He couldn’t walk it so I left him in the food court and I went to Crocs.  Damn I took the long way but I got there.  That place was just about as bad as Ohare.  So much walking and way too many people.  Damn!

Crocs store only had 1 pair of shoes in the style he wanted and they are cammo.  I didn’t get them walked back to him and he said buy them.  So I walked back via a shortcut and bought them.  In just under 3 hours we were out of that place.  Damn both of us were spent.  Me from the sugar and walking - - him from the walking and recovering from his fall.

We came home took a nap and then went out for Mexican food.  I made the mistake of getting desert and damn I felt like crap afterwards.  I didn’t want to do a damn thing.  We stopped off at Target before heading home, where I picked up cat litter and I stocked up because it was on sale.  I also got a nice new matress pad but that was $50 by it’s self.  Damn it feels good!  I got some other sundry items we needed and left.

Got home had the intentions of cleaning the house and getting ahead of the game but that didn’t happen.  I pretty much unloaded the stuff from the car.  Put in my first load of laundry.  Piddled on the computer with bills and bookeeping.  Then put on my new matress pad and went to bed. 

Sunday, I slept in got up around 9.  Had great plans for the day.  Someone puked on the carpet so I had to clean that up.  Fed the children and made Carmel Cinammon Rolls.  Had breakfeast and then sat down in front of the TV.  BIG MISTAKE.  Sleepies set in and I didn’t wake up until 2pm.  I feel like crap again today because of all of the sleeping.

We went to the store and came home.  My partner made us meatloaf for supper.  I got the house cleaned and I’m finishing up laundry now.  I might be able to swing an extra hour of me time tonight or so I hope.

Tomorrow is going to SUCK.  I noticed that one of the buttons on my sterring wheel was peeling.  Well that’s covered by the factory warranty so I made a call on Friday and got an appointment for Monday to have it fixed.  While it’s there I am getting the oil changed (early) and replacing the air filter (which they never have done but I have told them to do like 3 times) and having them check over the car to make sure there isn’t anything else that I can stick on the warranty before it expires on Thursday.

My partners vehicle needs mechanical help bad.  He’s got power steering problems, oil leaking and well the damn thing is just old it’s falling apart like he is but at a much faster rate.  We don’t have the money to pour into it so he is thinking of just letting it sit.  I mean he really only goes out when he has to – doctors, dentist appointments and the occasional trip to the store or to grab an ice cream.   I wish I could afford to get him something new or at least in better shape.  He likes his vehicle but I think fixing it up is throwing away our money.  Perhaps I will be able to help him out at some point but can’t do it right now.

The plan for Monday is he will take me to work, then take the car in and sit with it while they work on it.  I suspect it will be about an hour or two.  They will have to order the button, I am pretty certain of that.  So that means a return trip.  Crap.  Then he will pick me up from work in the evening and we will go grab a bite to eat and call it a day.  I’ve got lots of things brewing at the office and more on the way I am sure.

I got an e-mail about a job interview on Tuesday.  I sent a reply back on Friday night and am waiting to make sure that it will be worth my time.  Unless there is something that just screams to me, I think I am stopping the job search.  I am comfortable where I am at and I think (crosses fingers) that they like me.  We had a rocky start but I think all that has worked out.  I would just feel much, much better if they would take down the damn ad.  That doesn’t send me a positive message.  If this interview happens on Tuesday great, if not that’s okay.  Given the fact my partner fell and my car is going in the shop on Monday… that’s enough upheaval in the week to last me for a while.  It’s kind of in God’s hands and if he opens another door for me with more money, well I won’t say no.  I just hate to loose my office, something I have wanted for a long time.  As well as some of the other minor perks I have.  The whole office is going out to dinner next month, we are closing early so they can get to know us better outside of work.  Yeah, okay it’s a free meal so I will be there.

I have been so tempted this weekend by good looking guys.  Friday night at Olive Garden there was this blond with a nice set of guns (muscles).  Then there was another cutie sitting at the bar, he had a very nice figure.  Saturday at the mall, holy crap there were good looking guys everywhere.  One in particular that caught my eye was at the food court.  He was wearing blue shorts and he bent over what an ass!  Today we were at the grocery store and there was another young hottie there with a muscle shirt on.  I’m such a sucker for a good looking guy.  Doesn’t matter if there are brains or money just a good looking body.  Well I guess it would help if he was into me, but a boy can dream right!

That’s it.  Time to wrap this up and get ready for Manic Monday.  I will have to up the sleeping pills because when I try to relax I will find myself wide awake.  Allergies are acting up as well this weekend.  Not sure what that is about.  Thankfully sunshine for most of next week.  Talk about a welcome change!

Shame no one could help me with the good looking guy photo.  However, I will be using my detective skills to hopefully figure that out.  If I get his name I will certainly publish it here.  You all take care, enjoy your week and I will talk with you peeps later!

2 comments:

Jude said...

I'm so glad to hear you are more comfortable in your job now and that it is going well for you. Just a thought and I might be way out in left field, but how about asking "why" the ad for your job is still posted? Just "maybe" someone forgot to take it down?

Damn I'm sorry to hear your hubby fell again. :-( I'm glad he's okay though. I can't believe that a mall as big as what you described doesn't have those motorized chairs/scooters for people. Your hubby could have been comfortable riding around with you in one of those.

Hope your week is good my friend!

Jeremy Ryan said...

Funny thing is the mall had strollers for rent. No wheel chairs or motorized scooters. Next time we will be better prepared.

As for the ad, I don't want anyone to realize that I know it's up. They didn't forget to pull it down, they have to pay to keep it posted. Money is something that is watched like a hawk around here.

The interview on Tuesday won't work, they don't want to come up with that much money. So I'm okay with that, just means I will be here. Status quo is fine with me, wish I had more money.

Thanks for stopping by! :)