05 September 2012

Wednesday–feels like Tuesday

One day off because of a holiday and all of a sudden I forget which day of the week it is.  I bet you I will remember when it’s Friday!

Tuesday being Monday wasn’t too terribly bad.  Normally you run into a hand full of people who forgot their password or who’s machines don’t want to work.  Well I had no password issues and one site where the internet hiccupped.  That knocked out 2 machines and while we were talking to fix it, a 3rd bit the dust. 

Remembering my experience a couple weeks ago about powering things up in a specific order, came in handy.  That’s all they needed and they were fixed.  Took about an hour because the guy who was my eyes and ears moved slower than a snail but we got it done.  Then he started chatting me up about when I was coming down and could I put in WIFI there.  One problem the walls have sheets of steel in the them.  Yeah, sure we can do wireless but it probably won’t work.  I mean they can’t even get a cell signal in the basement where they want WIFI.  I hope I don’t have to go through with that, it will be a huge epic fail!

Speaking of work, well I managed to get two places that want to interview me.  One place was a phone interview and the other was face 2 face.  I told them both the same thing I can meet with you anytime after 5pm or on Saturday.  Don’t know about the phone interview yet, suspect they will pass me over.  The face 2 face said that wouldn’t be a problem, but we would have to wait until next week. I wonder if they will follow through?  They are supposed to call me back in the next couple days.  I missed their initial call because I was at work and the follow up call because I was taking the trash out.  I heard the phone but by the time I got to it, the damn thing stopped ringing.  Don’t you just hate that?

I’ve got mixed emotions about leaving.  I’m starting to get comfortable – but I still don’t trust these people.  I feel like on one hand I have the world by the tail and on the other hand I have what comes out of the tail end.  I’ve asked God for direction and if he paves a new path for me with a larger salary, it’s pretty much a no brainer.

Thus far it’s another boring day here at the office.  Where else can I get a job that pays so – so, gives me an office and let’s me surf the net all day with pretty much nothing to do?  Yeah, I know enjoy it while it lasts.  Eventually, I will be busy again with no chance to see the light of day, except outside my office window.

Last nights mail brought a nice surprise, a class action settlement check for my partner.  He didn’t even know he was entitled to it.  Small but nice sum of money.  I think we will be going out to eat tonight. 

I so wanted to have a relaxing evening but the phone kept ringing, the cats were begging me for food and attention and I had a friend on the phone who wouldn’t shut up until 2 hours passed.  I got in some relaxation time but not a whole lot.

I did get to surf to most of my regular reads yesterday afternoon.  The one guy who I want to update his blog hasn’t.  There also is a former adult star that I wish would update his blog as well.  Ah, well I guess I have to be patient.

Since I am doing pretty good at looking busy, I guess I will actually disconnect from my home machine and get to some real work.  Take care, be well and I will talk with you peeps later!

No comments: