03 September 2012

Day 1 @ 41

As you can gather by the title, today is day 1 at 41.  Not much new from a life perspective.  Feels like it always did, just another day!

I spent my birthday cleaning the carpet in the house.  I rented a Bissell Big Green Deep Cleaning Machine.  All I can say is DAMN!  This place was filthy.  My hands and my back are killing me.  I started last night around this time and didn’t finish up until a little after 11pm.  My partner said pace your self and rest.  I told him if I stop that’s it – I don’t have a resume button.  I wanted to be done.  The carpet looks new, no kidding.  I also couldn’t get over the amount of fur that came out of the carpet.  The Dyson isn’t doing as good of a job as I thought.

We had it for 24 hours but took it back this morning to get that task out of the way.  I see a few spots where I missed, but I can get them next time.  Yeah, were going to rent one of these again.  If your thinking about carpet cleaning, look this up on-line.  If you have a Lowe’s near by you should be able to rent one with no problem.  The solution that I got with it was Pet formula and that is what ran the bill up.  Rental was only $24.  Just as I predicted Big Boy pooped on the carpet upstairs and his brother Jumper threw up downstairs.  Just new that would happen!

So my neck isn’t bothering me as much but my lower back is killing me.  As my partner would say I am stiff in all the wrong places!

Today I went to get a better pillow.  I had no idea you could pay a small fortune for a single pillow.  I grabbed a goose down pillow that was labeled as extra firm.  I didn’t know they were talking about the price.  I got to the register and the total was $85 I about crapped a goose.  Okay so I will try it, I mean it can’t hurt me other than my wallet and my nose.  I don’t think I will be allergic to it.  For the price I paid it should hump me, talk to me and help me fall asleep.  DAMN!

I got my hairs cut and used my $5 off birthday coupon.  I picked up some Paul Mitchell Shaping Cream and a bar of the body soap.  Guys, seriously you should try the Tea Tree Body Soap – use it on your junk, let it sit for a minute and tingle.  It’s the best part of the shower for me.  Your whole body tingles with this soap and you don’t feel all sticky afterwards like you would with normal soap.  Good Stuff!

Used my Netflix to watch some interesting TV.  I saw a comedian who was just okay, I don’t remember his name.  I watched a movie called 9/11 Loose Change.  That film will make you think!  I had to watch it twice, the 2nd time with my partner.  Who said it was all BS but I can’t say I believe that with the preponderance of the evidence.  I’ve seen another film similar to it.

So much to my dismay I called up Lawn Boy and his fine ass and body will be here on Wednesday to give the lawn a much needed hair cut.  All of this rain has made it grow and grow.  Were back on his schedule.  Whoopee!  We think he will get us for 4 times, which won’t be too bad.  I heard that with the drought he was hurting for money plus he got married last month.  I can’t imagine him hurting for money, he is totally loaded!

3 whole days pretty much gone.  I can’t believe it.  We did do a lot of eating out this weekend.  We did manage to go for pie.  We were both so stuffed that we had to take home a pie, no room after the delicious meal we had.  That was a nice get away.  I didn’t like driving in the rain so much, made me think we should have built an ark and rounded up the children.  Rain is the big word for weather around here and it’s going to do it most of the week.  Glad I will be asking to go on the road this week, that is if nothing gets in my way.  Just a short one day trip but one day out of the office is better than none.

Found a cool new app for my iPhone called Pinger.  It’s free text messaging.  Plus you get an e-mail address with it.  So friends can send you picture messages.  Just take your mobile number and put @mobile.pinger.com behind it and viola there you are.  If you have a friend who has e-mail but you want to carry on a conversation with, give them that e-mail address and you can talk back with them.  Plus the best part is it’s free.  Just like the other app you get an alternate number that you can use for calls and voice mail but you have to pay for minutes.  I just need free texting with the mms option.  Ha Ha to MA BELL I beat you at your own game. 

Right now I am doing laundry and off to surf the web for my regular reads, porn and whatever else I can get into.  Oh yeah, I should check on jobs.  I can’t believe that my job is still posted and it’s been 30+ days.  I will feel so much better if/when they take that down.  However, until I get comfortable with them I am not going to stop looking.  Simply a matter of trust and I don’t trust them at all.  I mean do you blame me?  Look at the way I have been treated and how they have treated other people.  I’m thankful for what I have but I can’t afford for it to vaporize out of the clear blue.

Speaking of which when I was at the store getting that pillow the lady hounded me about opening a department store credit card and told me it only takes 90 seconds.  I declined.  However, based on some of her words and the promotions this place runs I decided to apply for one on-line.  They didn’t say I was declined but based on the response I got I already know the answer.  That’s okay I’ve got one credit card and it’s getting it’s fair share of use.  I honestly don’t need more than one.

I hope that you enjoyed this weekend. 4 days and then were back to having a weekend again!  Now too bad every week couldn’t be like that.  Just think the next major holiday we will celebrate here in the US is Thanksgiving.  I’m debating if we want to do the same thing as last year w/friends or if we should just go it alone.  Time and money will tell.

Take care and I will talk with you peeps later!

1 comment:

Jude said...

Carpet cleaning, like vaccuming for me, is REALLY hard on my lower back. I hope yours is feeling better now.

For a second time I would like to wish you a Happy Birthday! 41 is still "spring chicken" to me Jer, try 60!! LOL

I hope you have a good week, and that soon that damn ad for your job gets taken down.

Sending hugs!