27 September 2012

Like a million $

All doped up on Steroids…feel like a million dollars today.  My head hurts a little but it’s major improvement from how I felt yesterday.  I also took a double dose of the antibiotic last night, which I think helped as well.  This morning was a lot easier than the previous mornings have been.

It’s hard to concentrate at work today, I’m focused on tomorrow and starting the weekend.  I just hope there is enough work or I can milk it long enough to call it a full day or close to it.  Leaving around 2 or 3 would be so nice!

I came in this morning w/ a doctors note and filled out a request for time off to cover what I took yesterday.  I was told no worries, your on-call so were just giving you the time.  That wasn’t by my boss but his “girl”.  Nice!

I checked into vacation time just to see what I had.  They front load everything so I’ve got a little over 2 weeks, nice to know.  It’s all use it or loose it.  NO chance of me not using it.  I just don’t know that it will be for vacation, probably sick time.

I was able to get some ME time last night, but it wasn’t enough.  Just when I thought I was done and sat down to rest my brain took over and said you’ve got to do this and go get this, by the way remember to shave.  Holy crap!  I was up until 11 but I turned the lights out and climbed in bed slightly tired.  Jumper curled up with me and that’s it I was in dream land.  Woke up like 3 or 4 times to go to the bathroom but that’s normal with Steroids.

So I am continuing to work on a machine from yesterday.  I went to run Windows Updates and the darn thing doesn’t even have SP3.  It’s Windows XP.  Looks like this machine and I might be spending all day together between Updates, Scans and Rebooting I will be busy with it alone.  I’m being bombarded with other requests as well.  It is like people know I won’t be here tomorrow.

I’m excited for supper tonight.  Having a sub sandwich I bought for my lunch along with a can, yes I said can of Steak N Shake chili.  A couple sprinkles of Chalula and were in business.  Now that I think about it lunch won’t be bad either – it’s more left over Chicken & Dumplings with a dash of red pepper from the Chinese Food.  I like spicy once and while but right now the goal is to drain my nose and hot & spicy will do exactly that. 

Speaking of Hot & Spicy, I’m still thinking of the waiter from last night.  Ah well a boy can dream.  Apparently not too much or work will back up on me.  So I’m gonna run.  Hope you have a great day and I will talk with you peeps later!

1 comment:

Jude said...

Good to hear you're feeling a little better but I'm sending positive vibes to get you back to 100% ASAP!

Enjoy your weekend my friend! :)