18 August 2026

More fun, not

Good afternoon,

Today has been a day.  Found out late this morning that the mistake maker’s kid arrived last night.  Now he’s out for 2 weeks.  He gets something like 12 weeks paternity leave so this is just the start of the so called fun.  He claims were friends but I think a friend would have sent a text or called.  I got nothing and the word came down from the boss.  I’m not happy about it but kind of small potatoes in the grand scheme of things.   

The boss has been pelting me all day with work, strange out of the ordinary things that someone else normally takes care of.  I’ve been in meetings off and on all day long the last one was scheduled for a half hour and turned into a 2 hour call.  I mostly listen unless I’m called on and then I can’t seem to unmute fast enough to respond.  I hate that but I like to stay busy if there is something to do. 

Early this afternoon Verizon went hard down in my area.  My alarm and cell phone were both without service.  It only lasted for 15 to 30 minutes before things came back up.  Not sure what it was all about.  However, Verizon and AT&T both have never been hard down for me.  I am starting to wonder about Verizon. 

Did some quick research on my neighbors house and the offer that is pending is for the full asking price, I’m surprised he got it so quickly.  I figured he would have to bargain.  Provided this goes through he is making a hell of a profit.  The dummy just showed up to mow the grass with his fancy new zero turn riding mower.

Cooler weather here today but still hot.  The basement was humid this morning and I couldn’t get upstairs fast enough.  We have rain moving in later tonight and it’s supposed to stick around for a couple days.  I am not looking forward to that. 

Had a double cheese frozen White Castle last night.  I just nuked the hell out of it, it was crunchy but good.  I have been craving the real thing for a while along with some Onion Rings and a Chicken Ring, Cheese Fries.  Ah, it sounds so good.  Ironically I went to bed wanting more to eat but didn’t give in to that.  I hopped on the scale a week ago and was astonished to find that I was down a few pounds. 

Since I broke out a credit card I rarely use to pay a bill, I elected to subscribe to a gay YouTube creators Only Fans.  The fee was $15 which I thought was rather steep but it’s a twink and he did a great job of marketing.  Turns out he is a prick tease.  Not a nude photo on his site, he takes his shirt off but otherwise he’s wearing clothes.  He said to message for a “private menu”.  I did and jeez he wants a small fortune for what I’d call “the good stuff”.  Shame I got curious.  I’ve already cancelled the subscription so I don’t get a rebill.  Other “performers” charge less and you get far more.  I can only suppose he’s trying to keep his stuff private and the more you pay for it the less likely you are to share it.  Eventually someone will probably leak it at least that’s what I hope for because no way am I giving him another penny. 

It’s time to eat again and I’m off to venture to see what I can dig out of the freezer.  Thinking about Stouffers Meat Loaf, that sounds pretty good.  Hoping for a quiet evening.  But I am waiting on a work email so I can complete a task, I hate waiting on people, that is never a fun thing. 

Hope you had a great day.  Take care!

No comments: