17 August 2026

It’s Monday

Welcome in. 

It’s my least favorite day of the week, Monday!  Plus I’m on call.  The day started off with a bang.  I had an issue come up at work that I needed help with and I reached out to the mistake maker.  Only he wasn’t answering his phone.  I called right back and he sent me to voice mail.  That angered me so I just kept calling over and over thinking that eventually he would pick up.  It didn’t work and I gave up.  I took my best shot at the problem, which was a total guess and sounds like I was right on the money.  Of course now that I no longer needed him, the mistake maker called back.  He told me that he was taking the day off due to a few reasons.  He said that the boss was supposed to let everyone know but the boss runs a couple hours behind time zone wise and honestly he’s not the best timely communicator.  He knew yesterday and should have sent the note out then but did he, no.  Turns out I sent the note out once I found out, so were all on the same page. 

I had to go to a stupid meeting that just caused me anxiety.  It’s about a project that we have creeping up on us, that our boss told everyone we would be happy to lead the project.  I want to cut his tongue out for saying that.  Any how turns out I found out that our bosses boss is out today and tomorrow.  So now we have to meet again tomorrow because he literally has nothing to do.  Wonderful not what I wanted the outcome to be. 

The more I thought about things and the pressure I feel I decided to take a spin through remote job listings and honestly prospects are not great.  I just keep telling myself that this to shall pass.  I just hope I don’t wind up losing this job, if in fact my secret is out because the job market trying to get a job making what I make now would be difficult plus my age would work against me.  Yeah, I know employers are not supposed to discriminate but they do. 

A few things have come in this afternoon that I have chosen to put off until tomorrow.  Some tasks are just better handled when I am in front of my desktop with two screens instead of trying to be all over the place with a tiny laptop screen.  So, tomorrow morning is a little booked but not the first time that’s happened and I will get through it.  Just have to hope for calm on the on-call front.  I start early enough that things are usually quiet for at least an hour, sometimes two hours. 

I am hungry for more pasta from the place I ate at last night or some good fried chicken.  However, I will not be having either.  I will be eating from the freezer, most likely something with pasta it’s not the same as when it’s made fresh.  It is late in the afternoon and the business day is almost done. 

Two weeks and then I will be on vacation.  I look forward to it but the mistake maker will be out as well (at least that is the way it’s planned) kind of depends on when his kid decides to pop out of the oven.  When I come back it will be chaos not only from me being off for a week but I will be on-call again and that is about the time that two projects will be kicked off so now is for sure the calm before the storm. 

I don’t know why but my social media is filled with ads for GLP1’s aka weight loss drugs.  I also started seeing a group snail mail pen pals show up. That is tempting there have been a couple good looking guys there that I wouldn’t mind getting to know but none of them are close to me so it would be like building a friendship, not a bad thing.  I need more friends but I’d kind of like a boyfriend first.  Ah algorithms be crazy!

Brought the laundry up, need to put it away.  Deferred my shave and shower for tonight because I was too lazy last night to go down and get the laundry.  Now I really don’t have motivation for anything tonight but I know I will feel better once I accomplish these minor tasks and have them off my plate. 

Hoping for a decent meal despite it being frozen food and a nice evening.  Rudy has already conned an early supper out of me.  That cat is no dummy, he knows how to turn on the charm.  I’ve learned to read his signals and making biscuits is a sure sign he wants food.  Mora has been sacked out next to me and I told her about supper but she decided to sleep.  She just woke up so perhaps she will be venturing to the kitchen.  I’ve got about a half hour or so before I venture there myself. 

Here’s hoping your Monday wasn’t too bad.  4 more damn days and then the weekend will be here again.  Not to mention I will just have to get through one more week and then my vacation will hit.  So looking forward to getting away and while I will want to peek at work it’s better if I just put it in my rearview mirror because it’s all going to be waiting for me when I get back.  Sometimes it’s good not to be missed.  Sadly that is never the case for me when it comes to work, if I am not there I am always missed. 

Take care!

No comments: