24 August 2026

Last week before vacation time

Good evening,

I hope that you had an enjoyable and relaxing weekend.  Mine was okay but like all weekends it went by too quickly. 

Sunday I had to wake up early to get some testing done at work.  I found that my company laptop which is sitting in my office wasn’t responding.  It was working on Friday because I used it.  I dismissed it and said well I will go reboot it when I’m back from vacation.  That kept eating at me all day, so my plans for Sunday changed up a bit. 

I decided to head out to the office to take care of rebooting the computer.  On the way there I saw the largest police presence I had ever seen on the opposite side of the freeway.  A semi was blocking all lanes and on it’s side.  That side of the freeway was closed.  I found out later the driver died.  No one else was involved.  From the looks of things, he had to have had a medical emergency or something like that.  I’m interested but not sure if that will be made public. 

I arrived at the office to find a package on my desk.  It was spare parts to keep on hand for our doors.  Not an inexpensive box.  I got that stuff put away and rebooted my computer. 

Then headed to grab a bite to eat and stop for cat food.  I normally stop on Saturdays but my stomach was doing summer saults so I didn’t leave anything to chance and came home.  Things sorted themselves out by Sunday. 

This morning I woke up and felt sick.  It got super cool here over night and I left my fan on.  That is a sure fire way to get me sick.  I didn’t think I would make it but I pressed on and as I did I felt better.  That is until lunch time.  I decided that I would have a bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup.  Well if it comes out of a can here Rudy thinks it’s for him.  I put food out for him but he still begged me for soup. 

In fact Rudy has been bothering me all day long asking for food.  I gave in and gave him an extra can 2 hours after he had lunch.  I passed out supper and by the time I went to eat he was asking me for more food.  I passed out treats early.  I strongly think he is a Thyroid cat.  Gator used to bother me for extra food.  If it’s not that then he has just discovered how much of a push over I can be and he’s milking it.  This just started in the last couple days so I am waiting to see what happens. 

He got his flea medicine on Saturday.  His scratching has decreased a little bit but ever since then that is when his hunger started. 

My stomach is back to doing summer saults and I think it’s the result of mini Jelly Donuts that I got last weekend.  Normally they are all gone in a matter of days but I made them stick around.  They are in the fridge.  I had one last night as a test to see if it’s what caused my stomach issues and well I think I’ve got my answer.  I’m not eating any more of them.  They will go out with the trash come Thursday. 

Work, today has been a busy day.  We were invited to a meeting that is lasting all week long and has nothing to do with our team.  It was nice to be included but I stuck around for as long as I could stomach it and then finally dropped off because regular work was picking up.  Busy time with a bunch of new people starting in a few weeks and there is mounting pressure that comes with that as well.  Not a fun time but being busy makes the time pass faster! 

Found out that the new guy asked if he could take next Wednesday, Thursday & Friday off.  I’m out, the mistake maker is out so that would leave the boss by himself.  Not sure if this guys time off will get approved but it’s also not my worry. 

Speaking of time off I was thinking about what exactly I had planned for next week.  Nothing more than a dental appointment and a facial.  I am kicking around the idea of getting a roll away dumpster delivered for a couple days and doing some serious house cleaning.  It’s something that I’ve said I would do for years but it always gets put off.  Not exactly something exciting to do.  Dumpster rental isn’t cheap but I could at least make a dent in things.  I’ve not committed to the idea yet.  I’m sure if I do the neighbors will think that I am the next one that will be moving out and nothing could be further from the truth. 

I saw a job that sounded interesting but it pays 1/2 of what I am making now and from that 1/2 there would be union dues to pay.  It’s kind of a dream job for me and I would be out of the house 5 days a week.  The thought of starting over and the pay cut are what kept me from jumping at applying.  I want out of my present job so bad though and yeah I am willing to take a pay cut to make it happen but 1/2 pay is a little too steep, dream job or average job. 

Well nightfall is here.  Time to prep for tomorrow.  Shave and shower.  Then off to bed and up to do it all over again tomorrow.  I just tell myself this time next week who knows what I will be doing.  Work won’t be one of those things. 

Take care! 

No comments: