22 December 2024

Getting it

Well the more the thought I put in to an iPad and the use cases that I am thinking of I opted to give it a go.  Here’s hoping that I won’t be sorry.  I purchased a refurb iPad 2021 [WIFI ONLY] 10.2 inch model from Amazon in Space Grey.  Got a keyboard case and a knock off Apple Pencil.  It was around $300 total, which isn’t horrible.  The trio of technology if Amazon’s website is correct will all be delivered to me on Tuesday aka Christmas Eve.  Perfect timing.  Lots of time to charge everything up and then work on setup and playtime.  Considering that I will have 5 days in a row off once I end work on Tuesday.  So looking forward to it and hoping that all of these arrive on time.  If I use this 1/2 as much as I think I will it should really cut down on the battery use for my iPhone and help to preserve it a bit longer.  It’s 2 years old and still running with 80% battery life.  I just tamed some applications that were hogging the battery and the performance now is decent.  A benefit to getting the iPad is that I will have to get used to no home button and face id, which will help me when ever it is that I finally do upgrade my phone. 

Here’s the best part of the whole purchase is that it’s all paid for or will be come Tuesday.  The money will actually go out tomorrow morning and my bank aka credit card company will process it on Tuesday.  I sent them an excess of money so if my math is correct I will have around a $95 credit balance which won’t be hard to go through. 

I had some great plans for last night but by the time I got the bed made, fought with Mora to get her back upstairs and worked with the dishes and my normal shutdown routine I was quite tired.  The sleepy time meds kicked in what seemed like in record time and I was super drowsy so I just opted to watch TV and I was in bed and passed out pretty fast. 

Chariotz the You Tuber I spoke of had a new story out and I was eager to hear it last night.  I had forgotten all about it.  Rudy woke me up at 6:30a this morning and I had time to kill.  That’s when I turned on the TV and that video was the first thing in the list.  I listened to it and he got me all worked up.  Had to watch some porn after that and wow what a great way to start the morning!  Morning time is usually the time of day that works best for me to be super horny but unless there is something that turns me on it’s not something that happens automatically any more.  Used to be when I was younger morning time was always a good time. 

Got dressed and headed out for breakfast.  Ordered a burger with an over hard fried egg, got fries with it and it came with soup but I upgraded to chili.  Kind of to relive the good old days of when I went to Steak N Shake for breakfast and would order the same thing and finish with a milkshake to help calm my stomach down a bit.  No milkshake this morning.  The idea was great but the taste wasn’t there.  Only thing that was really on point was the fries.  The chili was good for the first couple bites but then I could just taste salt and grease.  Cheese on the burger was salty and the burger was way oversized to the point where I think I ate more like a burger and a half. 

Next stop was the grocery store.  I got a lot of Christmas junk food.  Chocolate and more cookies, along with more pie.  I told myself that I would get some decent food so that I wasn’t going to starve and picked up a few frozen items from Stouffers.  Also got a couple pints of Hagen Daz.  I did get another ham holiday meal for one and know that will be delicious.  Finally last thing on the list that I promised myself I would buy this week and that’s eggnog.  I didn’t get a lot but am sure that once it chills up to my preference it will be delicious. 

Came home and put everything away.  Started my morning tv watching and preparing for a nap.  Just fell asleep when the damn phone rang and it was the trash company reminding me that pickup this week due to Christmas would be a day late.  I don’t mind the call but their timing could have been better.  I tried to go back to sleep after that but it was pointless.  Just laid in bed with both cats and eventually Rudy had enough and left.  He begged me to get up and I wouldn’t budge that is until after he stormed off.  Mora stayed behind to help coax me along and that worked.  They some Salmon for lunch.  It’s been out of stock everywhere for a couple weeks, so I was thrilled to see it back in stock even if I did have to pay grocery store prices for it.  The cats deserve something as well. 

Now I just want to see some hot buns and I’m talking on a hot guy.  The best way I can think to accomplish that is to head out for pizza.  Going to a place that is a bit out of the way and taking a chance that the hot straight guy I like will be working.  That would help make my Christmas.  Nevertheless I will be having pizza.  I could go local to a place where I know I’d see a hot guy or two but I really want the drive.  My poor vehicle has sat idle longer than I want it to and I thought up this trip idea for pizza last weekend.  Despite being on-call it’s a trip I am going to take and hope for the best outcome.  Pizza and some guy watching is the perfect thing for me on a Sunday or any day for that matter. 

It’s warmer out now than it was this morning but I still don’t relish getting out in the cold.  At least the roads are dry and we have no snow or rain to contend with as that would probably work to help keep me home. 

I’m hoping that this two day work week will be quiet and fast moving because I am ready to disconnect for a bit if not from the world as a whole at least work.  The last week of the year will be very busy for me even though that is only two days as well but I will be earning the time I took off.  Last business day of the year is always when all of the “fun” happens. 

Well the dryer just went off and I guess I should get going.  Hope your Sunday is going well and that you too only have a short work week ahead.  Stay warm and well.  Talk with you all soon!

No comments: