23 October 2024

Did you miss me?

Howdy … something horrible got a hold of me and I feel lousy.  Sunday I started with episodes of uncontrollable sneezing, just one after another.  The cats were looking at me funny.  I was not having good time.  I just figured it was allergies and I took some Zyrtec which once it kicked in curbed that.  However, it makes me super sleepy.  This all happened late in the day.  When I woke up I didn’t feel the best but I pushed forward thinking that once I ate I would feel better. 

I had a primarily lazy day on Sunday.  Monday morning came around all too quick and I felt horrible so I took some Benadryl told work that I was out for the day and went back to bed. 

Sleeping does help but it’s not the total cure.  I was feeling pretty good by Monday evening.  Then Tuesday morning came and I was all set to go back but just felt lousy in general with a little bit of body aches.  I took more Benadryl and told work out another day.  Back to bed. 

Tuesday afternoon I was feeling a little bit better.  I did my best to keep my eyes open for the long afternoon that was ahead but there were periods when I dosed off.  I got a shower in the evening just before bed.  Felt really good. 

Woke up this morning started out feeling pretty good but that quickly went down hill.  Still I am pressing on and got caught up at work.  I honestly feel bad about it because Friday I am off and then out for the following week on vacation.  What a lousy time to get sick just before a vacation. 

I’ve got some minor nasal issues along with a slight cough.  I just want to lay back down and sleep more.  Another colleague of mine called in today.  Guess it’s a good thing I came back.  However, I am trying to stick it out today and tomorrow.  Then I am free. 

This kind of felt like COVID at first with the body aches.  However, not it’s just kind of a malaise feeling like I get when I am normally sick.  Guess it’s a good thing I don’t really have anything planned for my vacation.  Just wanted to hit up some restaurants, make a Sam’s Club run and relax.  I think it will all come together just might not happen as quickly as I want it to. 

I’ve got a massage appointment on Friday but I don’t think I am going to that but haven’t canceled just yet. 

Got a Dental Appointment on Monday so I am hoping the worst is behind me by then.  If not I’ll cancel it. 

Just trying to do what I have to today and not much more.  That’s about it from here.  Hoping I feel better soon!  Take care.

No comments: