Fall is for sure in the air this morning. We were down in the 40’s and tonight’s low will be our first frost for many areas. Afternoon temperatures are still in the 70’s. It’s still a bit of a sea saw effect but were headed more towards colder being the norm.
Had a company wide meeting yesterday. Were still earning money hand over fist, which is a good thing. We got a reminder that were closed on Election Day. Clearly my boss didn’t know that because he rescheduled one of our Tuesday meetings for that Monday just after it was announced. I’ve got a list of our observed holidays in both my home and work offices. This was just a status meeting more than anything to let everyone know all is well as we start to approach the end of the year.
I didn’t plan for it but I wound up spending most of my working day upstairs with the cats in the living room We fired up the new heater and both cats like it but are a little confused by it. Takes a while before it makes a noticeable difference to get rid of the chill but once I power on the furnace it will make a great companion.
Broke out the comforter last night just because I knew it was going to be cold and I didn’t like waking up freezing. Yesterday was the first day in a while where the AC never kicked on.
Overall is was a decent day that moved by slowly but once we got to the afternoon things picked up a bit. I had a fair amount of work but it wasn’t necessarily steady and some of it came after 5p.
I am working on my left over pizza. Had a slice for Lunch and another for Supper. I am thinking of freezing some of it because I am already growing tired of it. It’s good but not one of those items I can eat day after day.
Not exactly sure why but I have noticed the deafening silence in this house. Seems like the more the years tick by the quieter it gets. I remember when I longed for quiet and now that I have it, I really don’t want it. I’m feeling the loneliness and it doesn’t help that my late spouses birthday will occur in a few weeks. His birthday follows my mom’s birthday. I am thankful that I have the cats but it’s not nearly the same as living with another person. I don’t know that I will ever live with another person but I would like a human companion that might spend the night on occasion. These moments are just little reminders and I tend to have them the more time progresses. Not that I enjoy them but they happen. Also probably doesn’t help that the holidays are near.
Got 3 meetings today and I look forward to none of them. However, each day that passes brings me closer to my pending vacation and I am really focused on that.
Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment