13 May 2024

Yuk–It’s Monday

I’m not much of a Monday fan unless I am coming off of being on-call.  Otherwise, I don’t typically look forward to a Monday. 

Had my Chicken Cesar Wrap for supper last night and it was superb just as I expected.  I’m glad I have one in reserve, just not sure when I will give in and eat it. 

Woke up not feeling 100% I think the dusting and cleaning I did yesterday might have gotten to me.  Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day.  If not I suppose it’s good timing since I see the doc on Thursday. 

I plowed through all of my morning tasks and was done by 9a.  There were a couple of extra things thrown in the mix as well.  Then I went up and sat with the cats after having broken up a fight.  Rudy was feeling his oats and managed to anger his sister.  She sounded like she was about to murder him, he really knows how to get under her skin and make her super angry.  I always come to her aid when I hear that.  He gets it and she runs to me.  Well that turned into quite the nap for me.  I started off watching TV and the next thing I knew it was lights out.  Had a nightmare about how all alone I am.  I wanted to reach out to some family but then remembered they were dead, it just seemed like a dream.  I woke up and that’s when reality smacked me in the face again and I got the sobering reminder, yeah I am all alone.  I hate those reminders they don’t come as often as they used to but they are still there.  I could easily do with out them. 

I didn’t get to sleep last night until after mid-night and that nap came in quite handy because I was really tired.  I felt hung over because I took an extra dose of sleeping medicine.  Since I napped on Sunday I wanted to make sure that I slept for certain.  I kept waiting for the medicine to kick in and it just took it’s sweet time. 

I came back to work after I grabbed a quick bite to eat once I woke up from that nap.  Been back down here since noonish and I am ready to call it a day.  I am just waiting on someone to take care of something so that I can sign off for the day. 

It’s been kind of a fun day because other people are pointing out my colleagues mistakes and he is having to fix them.  Perhaps this will be the wake up call that he’s needed all along but I am not holding my breath.  I kind of dread to be out for two days this week, wondering what he will mess up while I am out that I will have to fix come next Monday.  I’ll also be on-call again and well I don’t like that either but it is what it is. 

Rain is back in the forecast.  It’s been sprinkling here all day and they say it will continue for a couple days.  We get a short break and then it starts up again on Friday.  I’m so sick of rain.  I know that eventually we will be begging for rain, so why can’t it just stop now and come back when we need it?  I don’t want to have to build an Arc.  The good news is that the basement is all dry, I have no idea where the water came from in that one spot but I still have my eye on it just in case. 

Amazon should be dropping off a package that contains materials I need to fix the stuff I found wrong on the outside of the house.  I can’t apply any of the fixes until the rain stops. 

I’ve been playing with the dating app and it keeps telling me to adjust my filters.  I change up the age range of guys I am looking for as well as how far I will travel and damn no prospects at all.  Kind of like paying to make a call on a pay phone to someone you really need to talk to and getting an answering machine or worse yet a busy signal and the phone keeps your money.  Yeah I remember the days of pay phones.  I kind of feel like a dinosaur but I’m told that being in your 50’s isn’t old.  Here’s hoping that I get some prospects before my subscription runs out.

Hopefully all is sunshine and rainbows in your world.  I’m having left over pizza tonight for supper and eating some fresh fruit from the grocery store.  Sort of looking forward to it but just not looking forward to tomorrow.  Tuesday means back to meetings and the same for Wednesday.  I won’t be terribly excited until I get to turn work email off on Wednesday night and leave them in the rear view for a few days.  Wednesday is going to be a busy day, I already know it. 

I think I am giving up on waiting and just publishing this and walking away from the computer.  Ready to see the cats and turn the TV on for a little reality escape.  Have a great rest of the day and evening!

No comments: