I got the recall work done on my vehicle so it shouldn’t burst into flames or so I hope. I had time to come home take a quick nap and bathroom break. Then it was off to see the eye doctor.
They made me mad. I got a birthday coupon good for $25 and I have a $15 co-pay. When I walked in I asked the receptionist if I could use that towards my co-pay and she said yes. Turns out it’s not good for co-pays. They put a disclaimer at the bottom. Hell if I wasn’t getting glasses, which I didn’t then how would I possibly use this? They wanted to reduce the cost of the photos they took so the insurance company wouldn’t have to pay as much but screw that, it’s a covered service and won’t cost me anything. Despite my appointment there was a long line to get into an exam room. Overall, things are stable and remain the same as last year. I went in without any glasses and there were times I felt so lost and couldn’t read a damn thing. I hate this old age stuff. When I turned 40 is when I needed glasses, I actually wanted them. Now that I have them I want to give them back and go back to normal 20/20 vision.
I went shoe shopping but tried on a couple pair and couldn’t find anything to my liking. Then on to grab cat food and a stop at Sam’s Club. I am really surprised I made it home. The heat was getting to me and I felt like I was going to drop at any minute. I got all but 2 items at Sam’s because they didn’t have what I needed, not because I forgot.
That accomplished my goals for the day. I made it to the basement and let Mora & Rudy roam around. She has wanted down here all week. Scratching at the door and sitting in front of it for hours like it’s going to magically open. I wondered if there was something down here but nope, just me at the moment.
Need to charge and change my exterior camera batteries. Tomorrow is transmission service day. That is going to be expensive. I heard one of the service guys talking today at the dealership if you wait for the fluid to burn, you have waited too long. Much to my surprise the dealership had very little inventory and the place wasn’t crawling with people like it normally is. There were 3 of us in the waiting room.
Paid and watched a decent Gay Drama on Prime, called Lonesome. There was a decent amount of nudity and sexual scenes. It wasn’t a porn film but for $2.99 I feel like I got more than my monies worth of just looking at the guys. It was an interesting story.
I hated getting up at 6:30a to shower, eat and get out the door but next week will be like that but I will be getting up at 6a. I need to get up early tomorrow and am on the fence if I want to take a shower or not. Kind of depends on how I feel in the morning. I will budget enough time. I’d like to grab breakfast out. Thinking of going to Cracker Barrel again just to see “the guy” and see what his reception is like. They have good food and if I make it there I will eat something but I am going for a different reason.
Never heard back from the guy I responded to on the dating app. I think it was just a good will gesture on his part to say hello to the old man who liked him. He didn’t like me back just messaged me. I’m not looking to jump into bed with anyone, I just want companionship, to grab a bite to eat, learn about someone else and have them learn about me. If we wind up in bed great but that’s not my plan for the first or even second date. Fun fact I have had a few first dates but never a second date.
One more day of vacation, then the weekend and back to the old grind on Monday. I’ve been slightly depressed the last few days with having a little time on my hands. Right now it feels like I don’t have a purpose but that will all change next week when I am back working. I dread the mess I am going back to and hope that there aren’t too many fuck up that I have to fix. I’ve only got one day to catch up and then Tuesday it’s on to my fun project.
Hope all is well in your world. Take care.
No comments:
Post a Comment