24 August 2014

Sunday=Monday

GAY DATING

I have a few apps on my phone for dating and finding guys.  I see a lot of the same people on several apps.  Some people try to be sneaky and use different pictures for different sites, but they make the mistake of uploading all of the same photos.  So you can figure out who your talking to.

My biggest problem is getting guys to chat with me.  When we do talk, that is very awkward.  I mean this is all new to me.  I never had to do it before and I am thankful for that. 

Dating in its’ self is scary.  You see a pretty face, nice profile and who knows maybe he can hold a conversation.  You don’t want to get involved with an axe murderer or someone who has an STD.  Then there is the whole thing about sexual history and HIV/AIDS. 

I see a few people who put it out on the line that they are positive and I applaud them for their honesty.  I don’t want to date someone who has HIV/AIDS.  I’m looking for a normal guy who is healthy, doesn’t smoke and either doesn’t drink or drinks socially.  People can be chameleons, meaning that they can adapt to being the kind of person you are looking for and then con you. 

Perhaps I am overly paranoid.  If I could just find someone who is good looking, we have things in common and can hold a conversation and then date, that would be awesome.  Sex, well that would be nice too, but I am not going into this looking for sex, I am looking for a companion. 

SHOPPING

I went clothes shopping again today.  I found a shirt and a pair of pants.  I picked up some more socks.  Got out for $60 which isn’t terrible. 

When you’re a bigger guy like me, stores tend to have less of a selection.  If you visit what we (me and my late partner) used to call the Fat Man’s Shop (aka Big & Tall) they will have your size and some selection but they really stick it to you when it comes check out time.  I don’t think I should have to pay a little more because I have some extra weight, but retail is all about capitalizing when and where you can.  Make the money!

I had my new shoes on and they felt pretty good.  They seem to attract a little dust, but that is okay.  I kept them on for a few hours and then took them off.  Tomorrow will be the true challenge for them.

GROCERY STORE

Went to the grocery store and spent $117.  I got a party size entrée from Stouffers, it was Chicken Enchiladas with rice and in a cheese sauce.  It was so appealing that I had to have it for supper.  It was really good.  By party size I mean it will serve 8 people.  I ate 1/2 of it tonight in nothing flat.  I will save the other 1/2 and have it during the week.

Picked up some Mint Oreo’s covered in Fudge.  I tried one after supper and they are really good.  I also found out where they hid the 6 Cheese Macaroni that is ready to eat, just heat & serve.  That will be dinner one night and I am so looking forward to it.  Cholesterol city but YOLO. 

I discovered last night that I was running out of Allegra.  That would mean I would have to go to another store and it was so hot out and I was tired.  I just picked up a small supply from the grocery store.  I can go to the other store either Target or more like Sam’s Club next week.

Picked up my usual lottery tickets on the way out the door.  It would be nice if I were a big jackpot winner.  I know if that happened I would be fighting the guys off of me.  Everyone would want some money.

OTHER STUFF

The laundry is done, which is a good thing.  I am pretty well set for tomorrow.  I need to pick out the children’s food but outside of that, I am ready already.  Now I plan on trying to relax the night away.  It will go up in a flash and bed time will be here before you know it. 

I’m still watching The Shield.  Finished another season earlier today.  Looking forward to starting the next season, which I think I am going on to Season 6.  That is a lot of TV.

Speaking of TV there are lots of new shows coming on next month for the start of the Fall Season.  I am looking forward to How To Get Away With Murder.  It’s a drama, there is gay sex and well it’s about the law.  So lots of things in one show that interest me.  Plus I am looking forward to my regulars like Modern Family (which I fell in love with during unemployment), The Goldbergs, Scandal, The Middle and the list goes on.  Having something to look forward to watching is a good thing for me.  Who knows maybe I will put down my iPhone and concentrate on TV.

Earth Quake in CA early this morning.  There is damage and I believe casualties.  You just never know when your world will be rocked.  I am not saying that as a pun or to make light of the situation.  It might not be a natural disaster that strikes, it might be a health issue – point is change in the world around us and within our own lives is inevitable.  Yet as humans we are resistant to change.

Speaking of change it was time to change up the blog.  Hope you like the new photo and background.  I have no idea who the guy is but he was in my collection of photos.  He just called my name when I saw him.  The background is from Blogger/Google.  I wish they would add more backgrounds, but I suppose since this is free I can’t be too choosy.

I can’t believe that we are about to close the books on August.  People are talking about Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years already.  We haven’t even had Halloween yet.  Plus there is the Time Change, which I believe takes place in early November, if memory serves.  I will be the 1st to admit that the first 6 months of this year really sucked.  I am not anxious to leap ahead because I have no idea what is in store for me.  Likewise it will also mean that I will be older.  Shortly I will turn 43.  This will be the 2nd birthday I celebrate w/o my late partner.  I look back through photos and see flowers, cakes and think of other good times.  I know my days of a big birthday deal are gone, but having him around made it special for me.  I didn’t want anything other than his love and I certainly got that. 

I still feel young, like 20 but my body feels much older.  I really don’t like the aging process but I realize it’s natural.  Who knows what I will see in the next year.  Hopefully nothing but good times and lots of money!  Time will certainly tell.

Be well, enjoy the week and I will talk with you peeps again soon.  I sure hope that the screamer isn’t upset again tomorrow.  I kind of loathe working on this problem, but it’s part of the job.  Where exactly did the weekend go?  The best part is next weekend here in the US, will be 1 day longer.  So there will be something to look forward to, not to mention that this Friday is payday.  So looking forward to that.  Should have a really FAT check – reimbursement for travel , overtime and my regular earnings.  Ah, payday I love you!

1 comment:

Jude said...

Long weekend here in Canada next weekend too, "Labour Day" Monday. But... after today at work I am on vacation for almost a month! :)

I hope those new shoes do the job for you!