03 August 2014

Made it again

Here I sit in another hotel that charges for wifi.  What’s up with that?  They have bottled water in the room but if you break the seal it’s $6.00.  They only provide 2 small glasses, no paper or plastic cups.  The room is small but they have an actual honest to goodness shower.  I am looking forward to jumping in just a bit.  I still have to unpack. I covered the credit card issue upon check in and have sent work an e-mail so that they contact this place tomorrow and arrange for billing to go to them instead of me. 

The post office sent me a surprise e-mail.  Turns out my box rent is due by the end of the month.  $400 for a year.  If I had my druthers I would move to a smaller box.  However, I have a small fortune invested in pre-printed envelopes and then you have the hassle of telling everyone it’s just a mess.  So I am sticking with it.  They do offer you the flexibility to pay for 3, 6, or 12 months at a time.  Car insurance will be due again soon so I will probably take the 6 month option.

I said goodbye to the children again.  That was not fun but remarkably it was easier.  It’s like as soon as I got out the suitcase they knew what was coming.  One of the girls crowed like fog horn leghorn this morning so I really didn’t get much sleep.  I was so tired that I actually laid down and took a nap after a couple hours of stirring around the house. 

The cute guy from last week contacted me this morning.  It was unexpected but really good to hear from him.  We talked for a bit by text.  I will probably check in with him later or towards the end of the week. 

This week is crunch time, I have to absorb as much knowledge as I possibly can.  We had an outage of email being delivered to mobile devices.  I will admit it scared the crap out of me.  I thought maybe they had changed their mind about me.  The guy on call had a busy day but it was calmer than yesterday.  I hope that when my turn comes up I don’t get slammed.

I headed out for a bite to eat once I got here and every place is packed.  There is a concert in town.  You can barley hear yourself think.  I at least mapped out my coordinates to walk tomorrow.  Getting to work and getting back to the hotel will be a sinch.  I just hope that everything comes together this week and who knows maybe I will make a couple of new friends.  The guy in charge of Networking is really uber hot, so I will at least have eye candy besides the pron I bought. 

Well time to unpack, unwind and shower to prepare for tomorrow.  Which will be here quicker than I want it to be.  I will update this as time permits. 

Oh before I go against my therapists’ wishes I am still pursing getting ahold of my late partners medical records.  I’ve taken the maximum steps over the weekend, short of hiring an attorney.  I think & hope that I am on the right road to bringing that to a close.  I told them that I think they are hiding something to protect their own asses and that they are just trying to avoid me bringing litigation against them. Although that is not the intent behind getting the records. 

Night one and all.  Talk with you peeps again soon.

No comments: