28 August 2014

Busy Guy

Just wanted you all to know I am still among the living.  This has been one heck of a week.  Yesterday was the worst.  The Video Conference System shot craps – it was just down.  I stayed late to help troubleshoot and we got a good portion of it back, but still a tech had to come out to fix a couple things.  Glad it’s back in working order.  I also have 3 new hires to prepare for.  2 of which are done and I am working on the last one now. 

Next week will be a true culture shock to me because it’s when I start a schedule and go on the phones.  I am not looking forward to it.  I like things the way they are now, but I know the phone part is something that I signed up for.

My knowledge is increasing, which is good.  However, I am still very green.  The layout of the building has finally sunk into my head, but I still manage to go down a floor and come back up and not know which way to turn to get to my cube. 

Got a hot attorney that I would love to ask out.  He’s young and very cute.  I think he is gay but don’t know for sure.  I can’t exactly ask him, I mean I could but that would be rude.  Besides that I heard him mention someone else in his life so if it’s not a wife it’s a girlfriend or boyfriend.  Still every time I see him he has the most amazing smile and his body oh it calls out to me.  I have a policy about mixing work and pleasure.  So I am probably better off.

Speaking of hot guys.  I decided to drop Match.com.  It’s a decent site but you can’t do anything unless you pay them.  They try to rope you into a bundle subscription which looks cheap but when you do the math it adds up pretty quick.  I am still on Grindr, Gay.com, and OK Cupid.  I think 3 is a good number.  Now if I could just get a guy to talk with me and want to actually go on a date instead of just chat.  I had a local hottie look me up, he is 19 and BI.  I know he’s young but he’s legal!  Nothing wrong with chatting anyway.  I wish I had my youth back, not only would my looks improve but it’s really okay now to be gay, it’s more widely accepted.  Not to mention that it would open up my choices. 

I honestly think that age is just a number.  However, I don’t want someone too young or too old.  I don’t want there to be a burden or worry about health or rather healthcare.  Like my late partner, it was obvious that unless I was killed in a car crash or took my own life, odds were pretty good that I would still be here, and he would be the one leaving me behind.  I don’t want to go through that again nor do I want to put someone through that.  Granted it would be years but still, I just don’t think it’s right.  I still love and miss him very much.  I wish he were here and I didn’t have to go seeking another mate.  I guess I don’t have to but I am choosing to because I would like to be with someone.  There is risk involved aka heartbreak.  However, I am willing to give it a shot.  I will tell you that it’s kind of depressing that no one is hitting on me or chatting me up.  I seem to be the one to have to make the first move.

Speaking of move, the children are ready for their snack.  I need to get up there and take care of them.  The new shoes have helped my feet.  Taking them off still feels good but then the pain comes back.  I really wish that I could just wear the kind/type of shoe I wanted and didn’t have to worry about this.  Ah the joy of growing old. 

Well I have to run.  Hope your all gearing up for the long weekend.  Tomorrow will be a very long day but I am hoping that it will be a ghost town and I can get some administrative stuff done.  Like cleaning – the place is a complete mess.  Talk with you soon.

1 comment:

Jude said...

Glad to hear it's all going well for you!

And I hear ya on growing older, man the body just sabotages us!