06 July 2014

Holiday Road

The meal at my friends on the 4th was okay.  I saw them heat up the Pork N Beans so I had some.  Burgers and Brats for meat and they were both undercooked for me.  If there is pink it’s not done!  Taste was average nothing to brag about.  They also had Root Beer Floats for desert which was quite bloating, but good. 

I figured out where the smell in the house was coming from.  A spot where Big Boy went at least two times.  Someone apparently decided to renew the scent.  The bladder on the steam cleaner broke so I had to use the old cleaner and got things taken care of. 

Okay that was Friday.  Now on to Saturday I awoke to the smell of cat urine again.  Someone apparently doesn’t want me to clean up that spot.  I walked into the kitchen to feed them and stepped in a puddle.  I thought it was cat pee.  Nope the garbage disposer broke and there was a small flood in the kitchen.  Who knows how long it’s been building for. 

Needless to say I was not a happy person.  So I got things contained after feeding the monsters.  Then I had some breakfast and went back to bed.  It was a sleepless night and I have no idea why. 

When I woke up I went to Lowes and got a new disposer for $179.  They had lower priced models and that is the route I went before, some 5 to 7 years ago.  I upgraded in the hopes that this one will last a little longer.  Plus it’s quieter not that it matters, since I live alone. 

I am NOT a plumber.  I watched a couple of You Tube videos and figured things out.  My two main problems were lifting the new unit in place so that I could get it mounted.  I was shaking and had used up most of my strength.  Not to mention I had not had lunch and it was pretty late in the afternoon.  I started at around 2 and finally finished around 6pm.  There were considerable breaks and I had to go back out for some parts.  The other problem was getting the plumbing connected and a hose clamp in place.  There was quite the satisfaction feeling when I was done.  Now I have an old unit that I have no idea how to get rid of.  Last time we had to pay someone to install it because the plumbing was all messed up and it required major re-work.  I kind of which I would have called someone to save me the frustration but considering I did this for $199 with tax, I figured I saved at least that if not more by doing the labor myself.  A plumber would have marked up the part and labor, but it would have been done in less than an hour. 

This experience made me realize once again that I am getting older, I am out of shape and that if you set your mind to it, you can do it. 

My next task was to work on the cat urine.  I deep cleaned it again.  Bought some urine remover and put down two applications of that.  There still is some smell left because I think someone re-marked it but right now I am letting things dry out. 

When I was done my reward was watching The Hangover Part III again.  John Goodman gave quite the performance in that.  Then I watched a movie called Private Romeo.  It was a gay version of Romeo and Juliet, cast inside of a military school.  They were talking from the play but watching the performance made me very horny.  It was a good movie!

Today I awoke to find that my side and back are very sore.  My side is throbbing.  So much that I ate a little breakfast, watched TV.  Cancelled what plans I had for today and went back to bed to sleep through lunch.  I woke up in time for supper.  Fed the beggars and had me some left over Hamburger Helper, which I made a few days ago.  I added to much water but it’s actually okay.  Just a little soupy.  I am itching for Mexican food!

I have filed my unemployment claim for the week.  Need to take care of the litter boxes, and then going to sit in front of the TV and watch time pass me by.  Hopefully, I can find something good on TV.  I’ve got a pint of Baskin Robbins Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream that I think I will consume.  I will be up for a while but hopefully the time will pass quickly because I am ready to go back to sleep and hope that tomorrow is a better and more productive day.  Not to mention I need and want a shower.

Thus far no interviews scheduled.  My hope is that changes tomorrow.  I hope you had a good holiday and weekend.  Talk with you peeps later. 

1 comment:

Jude said...

I wonder if this might work, and it's not expensive:

http://www.petsmart.com/gsi/webstore/WFS/PETNA-PETCA-Site/en_CA/-/CAD/ViewProduct-Start?CategoryName=200020&CatalogName=36&SKU=36-5161165