Very hard to believe that today is my last day of being unemployed. I keep wondering is this real life? You know it will all sink in tomorrow morning when the alarm clock goes off way too early in the morning.
Today I managed to visit the grocery store. They decided to rearrange things again. I left w/o mayo because I couldn’t find it. I thought about making my lunch and got some lunch meat but then I also bought pre-made sandwiches. Looks like I can take my pick now. I spent way too much money and didn’t come home with a lot, which is a recurring theme when you talk about the grocery store.
I visited Sam’s and got some paper towels, cat food and some Mucinex. It was only 3 items but it still cost $70. Nothing appears to be cheap any longer.
I had to move the litter box back into the middle of the living room, because Big Boy peed on the carpet again. I got that cleaned up along with a couple accidents that happened. Steam cleaning is my life and I think most people who have carpet and cats probably sing the same song.
I wanted to get some ink for my printer but never made it back out to the office supply store. Just as well, I need to save some money plus I am not out just yet. I did manage to write some fan letters today and hope that I will get some autographed photos back of a couple of my favorite actors.
I picked up a Birthday card for one of my friends who will be turning 65 on Saturday. He works in IT as well so I thought a computer themed card would go well. I’m mailing it tomorrow and I know he will have it in a day or two at most. We talked today via text and he told me that it’s really going to be a challenge for me. I think he has doubts like I do if this will be a long term thing and I will succeed, but I will never know if I don’t try.
I have managed to get all of the cleaning done and most of the laundry done. I wasn’t able to get to my bathmat but I guess that is what next weekend is for. As a bonus I was able to polish my shoes and they look really good.
I finished the other 1/2 of the pizza and now am deciding if I want Frozen Yogurt, Gellato or Cake for desert. I still have to pass out the kids snacks and get ready for bed. My bigger hope is that I actually get some sleep tonight because tomorrow and the days ahead are certainly going to be quite the challenge.
It seems like the only thing missing in all of this is my late partner. I really wish I could celebrate this victory with him. I know he is here in spirit. I can hear him in my head saying you can do this. God gave you this job for a reason. Don’t doubt yourself and don’t shy away from a challenge. So we will see how things go.
I filed my unemployment claim for last week. I will have to tell them next week that I went back to work this week and then I should be done with them. Weeks start on Sunday with regards to unemployment so it’s pretty easy to keep track of. I pray that I never have to collect unemployment again.
Since my luck seems to be changing for the better, I took a chance and picked up 2 lottery tickets. The grocery store has a game going where you can win some serious cash. So I am playing that. It’s like McDonald’s Monopoly but with grocery items. You get 1 game piece, which has 3 stickers in it just for shopping. Then if you pick up a bonus item you get additional game pieces. I’m hoping that I can win something decent. I’m not looking to retire off of winnings but that would be a nice perk. I would be happy with being able to build up my savings again and possibly pay off the house.
Not sure if I will feel like blogging tomorrow night, so if you don’t see an update don’t worry. I am going to try my best to be able to share how the 1st day went but there is a small list of people that want to hear from me by phone when I get home. Plus I have no idea what I am even going to have for supper.
Talk with you peeps later! Thanks for your readership. Jude thanks for seeing me through this rough time, your comments help and at least I know 1 person is reading this. :)
1 comment:
I won't blame you if you just don't have the time or energy to post something tonight after your first day on the new job. I know you'll catch us up when you can.
Congrats! And even if this new position is a challenge for you, I hope it will be successful and enjoyable!
P.S. You probably have more readers than you think. Yours is the only blog I've ever read where the comments from readers aren't posted. And with blogs, often you get people commenting more just from the other comments! ;-)
Post a Comment