Today in the USA we celebrate Thanksgiving. While we should be thankful each and every day, often we forget about those little things that we are thankful for but take for granted. Like Good Health, Ability to Breath and the fact that your above ground. Even if your life is in complete turmoil, you still have something to be thankful for.
Years back I worked for a company that started a tradition. We all had to put down on a bulletin board what we were thankful for. This was serious business and no one dared to mess with it. Everyone complied and just in reading previous entries it gave you an idea of how lucky you truly were.
Like most people, I have my fair share of problems. Some are simple and others complex. However, I find that no matter what eventually they pass. As an example a HUGE problem for me was unemployment but after 2 years, a job finally came through. Today I am employed and I am comfortable. I have gotten to fly around the US and see parts of the world that I probably would have otherwise not seen. I have come across some unique situations and been able to learn from them. I have also been put in charge of several new systems that I have no experience in but am managing them well. Another problem was that because I filed bankruptcy I thought no one would give me credit anytime soon. Not true, today I have 2 credit cards and I am able to pay them off in full each month. So those are just an example of some of the problems that have turned around for me.
I have so many things to be thankful for that it would take so much time to list them individually here. Suffice to say the simple things like Life, Possessions, My Partner, My Family and of course my children (cats). As well as my job and the fact that I am reasonably happy at this point in my life. I am still amazed at how things have turned around for me, it’s like I am dreaming. I am so blessed to be able to earn a living and pay my bills as well as provide for my family.
Today I will be with my partner and friends giving thanks and enjoying a most excellent feast! I can’t wait to dig in, but in the hour or two that we spend together, time will pass by so quickly. I am learning more and more to live like it’s your last day on earth, because you never know when your time will be up.
There are several relatives and pets that I miss. I am happy that I was blessed for them to come into my life and for me to know them. The same can be said for my first love and several classmates.
The one thing that I am most thankful for is modern technology because without it, well you probably wouldn’t know I exist. So I am grateful for your readership and for you getting to know me, even if you haven’t ever left a comment. The best part about modern technology is I will be fast asleep when this is posted and no one will know the difference!
So to one and all, Happy Thanksgiving! If you dare venture out on Black Friday, please be careful. If your traveling be safe. I will talk with you peeps later!
2 comments:
I am SO happy for you regarding how things have changed so much from one year ago. :-)
HAPPY THANKSGIVING my friend!!
Happy Thanksgiving Jeremy....sometimes I'm with you that we overlook the simple things in life to be thankful for that we miss out on them. We get wrapped up in food, presents, gifts, and the like without realizing what's important and what's pretty and what you really need in life!! Have a great holiday!!
Post a Comment