Finally made it to the Friday of this week. Long 3 damn days, plus busy as all heck @ work. I’m waiting for a program to finish installing on a server, so I figured why not goof off – it might be the only chance I get all day long.
I am also hoping that they close the office early and let us go home, I don’t think that will happen but I can still wish. The commute in this morning was a breeze – because most everyone took today off. Smart people.
In light of our upcoming nuputals I had the partner call to do some creative scheduling and I thought we could get everything taken care of next week, but they are all booked up. We will have 60 days after we get the license to use it, so maybe something will work out w/o me having to take time from work, but if need be I can. I’ve got oodles of vacation but don’t want to use any of it right now.
Last night’s supper was left over Turkey and Pizza. It was pretty good. Tonight we are going out for Mexican food. I need something different because we will have Turkey again on Thursday. I will be going heavy on the Pasta because I am already sick of Turkey. Out of the 3 Fridges we have, two of them are packed full with Turkey & Pie. Can’t wait until we get some room.
A funny for your day. Last night I was cleaning up Big Boy and I got around to his butt. His sister is so nosy she stuck her nose in at the wrong time because as soon as I touched him he cut the cheese. She got scared and took off. I just laughed until it hurt. I got him cleaned up and then it was time for bed.
Today I have just the right amount of scruff on my face and really don’t want to shave, but you can sure see the white coming through. This getting older thing is kind of scary – your body changes so much and like an old car you seem to slowly & painfully fall apart until one day your fit for the scrapper.
I want a new TV for my room. I don’t need it but it’s been on my list for a while. I am not looking for a Black Friday deal, just want to walk in buy it and get out. Problem is what do I do with my old TV? So I continually talk myself out of it.
Last night I paid the bills and actually have money left over. I am going to save it as best as I can until the next payday when I will once again pay off my credit card. Just love doing that, hate that it takes up so much cash. I have yet to use the new card I got. Thinking about breaking it in at the restaurant tomorrow.
One of the guys asked me if I would help him setup his new laptop, providing that he gets a good deal on Black Friday. I told him normally I don’t do work on the side, but yeah I would. It’s only because we are within walking distance of each other. Plus it’s a way to take some of his money and put it towards something I want… be it a TV or a Full Belly! I just don’t want calls for tech support – that drives me crazy. I mean I can do it for a living but when I go home I want to distance myself from work and those that I work with. It’s bad enough that once per night I am giving advice to my partner. I hate his computer and wish he would replace it. He’s got it loaded full of crapware. There is no doubt something is lurking on his machine slowing him down.
I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow or at least staying up late tonight, if I make it. Love my sleep! Kind of depends on my body and what the kids will tolerate.
1/2 hour until lunch time! It’s just good the hours are going by. These damn servers take up so much of my time trying to make things work and doing it on a remote basis is neat but also kind of sucks. The software is done installing, but now it’s time for updates. Then if I get this working here, I have to duplicate this on a much older and slower server that is starting to run out of disk space. Ah the tech woes!
Happy Turkey Day everyone! We all have so much to be thankful for. Probably even things that we don’t realize or take for granted. I am most thankful for my job and that I am working. Life seems so much better right now than it did last year at this time! Funny never thought I would be able to say that.
…talk with you peeps later!
1 comment:
"This getting older thing is kind of scary – your body changes so much and like an old car you seem to slowly & painfully fall apart until one day your fit for the scrapper."
Exactly that, my friend!! I love where I am emotionally, spiritually and mentally, but NOT physically.... it's as if my body is sabotaging me, LOL!
Post a Comment