I woke up to find I had a Voice Mail Message this morning. It was the Lady from the IRS. I called her back and found out that they can’t help me because I already paid my taxes. I found out that all they can do is get the IRS to place a flag on your account so that they don’t pursue collections. You still accrue Interest & Penalties, they can also get you on a payment plan. So basically the service is useless to me. Ah, well at least I tried. I learned something in the process, and may need to use them next year.
The collection calls are still pouring in but not quite as bad as last week. I notice they call once or twice in the early morning. Then maybe once in the afternoon. Wait until about Supper Time and then the calls really start picking up. I’m still not talking to them. I sure hope they have one hell of a Long Distance plan because they are wracking up the charges.
We made it to the Foot Doctor and then I drove us to get a quick bite for lunch. We stopped at a local BBQ place, was really good and cheap! We came home and rested a bit. I tried to take a nap but if it wasn’t the phone, it was the cats and if it wasn’t either of those two then my partner was making noise. No rest for me.
So off to the Grocery Store we went. I have been hungry for Chili so we picked up some meat and other things that we needed. Came home and my partner made chili. Felt a little odd eating Chili when it is so warm outside but it was really good. A little too much tomato. Every time he makes a batch it always comes out tasting different. The best thing about Chili is that it tastes better the next day when you reheat it. So I am looking forward to that.
Got a call today from an ad I answered late last month. I have a phone interview tomorrow to talk with this company further. I pulled the ad and it’s for an entry level person, so they may not be willing to pay much. I suppose I will know more tomorrow.
The lawn is growing and our front yard looks like the Serengeti. I’m still giving Lawn Boy until the end of the week to show up, plus there is more rain in the forecast. However, it’s starting to look more and more like I will have to buy a mower and start cutting it myself. So not looking forward to that. However, we can’t wait too much longer. So a few more days and then I may have to part with some more cash, not looking forward to that either.
A couple weeks ago I started saying How Now Brown Cow to my partner. He said you never had a Brown Cow did you. I said nope. I had no idea what he was talking about. Turns out it’s an ice cream treat. While we were at the store today he spotted a box of them and of course I had to buy them. I just finished one and it’s basically a chocolate ice cream bar but they leave the plain ice cream showing on the bottom. It was okay but nothing to write home about.
So that is as exciting as thing got today. I will have to wake up a little early tomorrow for the phone interview. Outside of that thus far there is nothing planned for the remainder of the week. I hope that all is going well in your world. Thanks for stopping by, I will talk with you peeps later.
2 comments:
Good luck with the interview Jer!
Thanks Jude!
Post a Comment