05 October 2026

Yuk it’s Monday

Howdy!

I initially woke up with the thought to call in, it would be the perfect day. Nothing on my calendar, the boss is out and I just wanted to go back to bed. However, for some silly reason I pushed myself.

It’s a good thing that I did show up because little did, I know that plenty of people would be reaching out to me. I had one person that presented a challenge that I was able to figure out but it took some time and a little bit of patience on my part. I always like a puzzle type problem that I can solve. Fun fact I hate putting puzzles together, but they are great to look at when they are done.

After the big morning rush, I came upstairs, and Rudy was waiting for me at the door, it was lunchtime and he wanted his food. Sadly, I passed out something that he didn’t like, and he avoided it and tried his salesman approach to wiggle something else out of me, but it hasn’t worked. Now he has turned into my shadow. I laid down for a bit at lunch and he stayed with me. I think he is not feeling well. I making him wait until supper time and then I am sure he will probably wolf down whatever I put in front of him, or so I hope. I really have my eye on him and am thinking that we are probably going to wind up seeing the vet, which I’d like to avoid.

I did get to brush both cats yesterday and this time I think I got more fur off skinny Rudy than I did Mora. I brushed and brushed. Eventually he wound up falling asleep in my lap, guess it felt that good.

Enjoyed my pasta last night, service could have been better. I asked for no onions on my salad and got them, anyway, guess it’s a good thing I am not allergic to them. I really wanted to order some Spumoni, haven’t had that in a long time but I was way too full. I came home and an hour later I had a Snickers ice cream bar, it was good, but it was no Spumoni.

Had a couple hot dogs and a sweet pickle slice for lunch. It was easy and quick. Just the hot dog, no bun or bread. Put a little ketchup on them and they were quite tasty.

Thinking about supper tonight not sure if I want to go the pasta route again or if I want to have some soup. Kind of feels like I am getting sick, but it could just be allergies.

I was pleased to see this morning in my email notifications that it appears the refund I have been waiting for from my car insurance has finally arrived. I want to go grab it so I can deposit it but honestly waiting a couple more days won’t kill me. I used to fetch mail daily but now I go once a week. Although I have been known to get anxious and go grab mail because I knew there was something I wanted waiting for me, like in this case the check. However, you can’t always trust the email notification, sometimes mail shows up there, but it takes another day or two before it arrives. On average the notifications are mostly spot on but there have been occasions when they are incorrect.

Really looking forward to shaving tonight, my face itches like crazy and scratching does not help. Outside of that there is not a whole lot going on here. I hope that your Monday wasn’t bad and that the surprise Man Candy I shared put a little sparkle in your day.

No comments: