06 October 2026

Tuesday

Hope all is well for you. Today started off chilly here, feeling that chill in the air is nice but it makes my body want to hibernate. Thanks to the cats I am unable to do that, and they require me to get up and pass out breakfast. If it wasn’t for them, I would be comfortable rotting in bed.

My morning was okay; I got caught up on a couple of quick tasks at work then I was free. I laid down and watched TV. Napped a little bit but as per usual, you know what I’m going to say… yep, the phone woke me up. Not like I had to get up but I realized that I should get out of bed despite not wanting to. To aid in waking me up I had a Diet Coke. The chill was still very much in the living room, and I turned the TV on as I poked around on my laptop for work. A short time later I had a quick burst of work. Then I was back to killing time before I had to login to a meeting.

The boss was extra talkative today after being off yesterday. He droned on and on. I asked a question that made perfect sense to me and what I wanted to do was the right thing, but he started talking in double management talk and dismissed my idea. Then he wonders why more of us don’t speak up. It’s because you never take our ideas, you dismiss them. There is no real motivation to speak up or come to the table with an idea.

Rudy started asking for lunch as my boss continued to drone on. I told him as soon as Foghorn Leghorn was done talking, I’d pass out lunch. He laid down and went back to sleep as if he knew it was going to be a while. Yeah, it was another 30 minutes. The whole meeting went an hour but was supposed to be 30 minutes, so much for “valuing” our time.

I got lunch passed out and started to nibble on something when my phone went off. I finished eating and decided that I wasn’t going to peek. Good thing I am a fast eater because there was a small crisis that needed my attention. I got it taken care of quickly and no one ever knew I was away from my keyboard.

After lunch it was time once again to pass time until the next meeting, which also went long because someone needed to talk with our team after the meeting because they had questions which could have easily been an email. Just hung up with that and now my afternoon is free until something comes along to clog it up.

Two more meetings are in the books for the rest of the week, one tomorrow and one on Friday. Then were done. I hope that no more is added since I am not a fan of meetings. They just suck up time and nothing productive ever comes of them. I’d sooner do almost anything else than have a meeting.

On a different note, since the year is slowly winding down, I peeked today on Amazon for naked men calendars for 2027. I wasn’t surprised by what I saw. Now just need to decide on what I want to buy and when to place that order. It’s not like they will sell out. Today is prime day and I know it’s temptation to buy and I have looked but there isn’t anything that I really need.

Listening to Mora snore as I type this out. The sun is shining through the living room window, and both cats are basking in it and are fast asleep. They both love their sunshine! Haven’t met a cat yet that hates sunlight.

Still watching Too Close For Comfort on Peacock, I think I am on the tail end, but I don’t think that I will finish before my subscription renews for another month.

Had White Cheddar Mac & Cheese with Bacon last night for supper. It was good. Dessert was a Snickers Ice Cream Bar, and I still wanted to continue to eat after that but managed to resist going to dig for something else. Got my shave and shower, felt pretty good. Then it was time for bed.

Mora, with her lightning senses, pointed out another Stink Bug that had gotten in. Well in killing it I managed to set off the burglar alarm. There was a glass break sensor that not only listens for the sound of glass breaking but detects vibration. I hit the bug with a fly swatter, and this glass break is super sensitive, which is a good thing. There was a high pitch beep that scared Mora and she went and hid as I went to disarm the alarm. Glad I got there before the siren went off because I heard that back when the system was installed and it’s super loud. I got it disarmed in time and no one called me and the police were not sent. At least now I kind of know what to expect. I cleaned up the dead bug and Mora came out of hiding but she was looking all over like there was another bug lurking, they normally arrive in pairs but thankfully we just had the one last night which was one too many for me. Didn’t think killing a bug would ever cause an adrenaline spike.

Even though the weather is in the process of warming up for the day once the sun sets things cool off quickly around here. I am planning on having Italian Wedding Soup for supper. I saw a display with some new soups from Campbell’s at the grocery store and picked up a couple cans. I really have high hopes that this tastes good. Italian Wedding Soup is one of my all-time favorites, and the can is large like Chunky Soup. Fingers crossed and hope is set too high!

Hoping for a pleasant evening with something decent that I can manage to stumble on for entertainment to view and pass time. My neck is killing me I think it’s too much computer time. I really miss my massages, I can feel the knots building in my back and it would be nice to get rid of them. Sometimes the cure (the massage) is worse than just suffering through the inconvenience. I have a foam roller, which sounds pleasurable, but I assure you it’s not, it’s quite rigid. Rolling on that can help me. I remember during the pandemic I pulled it out and rolled on it as my back just popped like it was a bowl of Rice Krispies. It felt wonderful afterwards. I hope for the same experience each time I use it but have yet to replicate that experience.

Thanks for stopping by. Wishing you a pleasant evening!

No comments: