Welcome!
I had the Italian Wedding Soup last night. Rudy thought for sure I was passing food out for him since it came out of a can, we had to do that little dance that I hate. The soup smelled like canned soup when I was putting it in the bowl, and I hoped that it would taste good. Sadly, once it was heated and I took a couple of bites it wasn’t good. It looked delicious so they need to get rid of the canned taste, especially since this is made with “high quality” ingredients and they charge more for that. I hoped for better but hey at least I know. I wound up throwing most of it out. I’ve got one more can of a different flavor and perhaps it will be better, but I won’t hold my breath.
It was super cool this morning down to a low 45 degrees outside. Didn’t feel that way inside but my body didn’t feel that great when I woke up. One side of my face was sore and as soon as I sat up, I felt the drainage starting to propagate. I feel fine now but if I was a betting man I would have told you that I was sick just based on how I felt when I woke up. I think some infection might be trying to set up shop. I will try my best to keep that from happening, but weather change always seems to get me.
I was very tired last night and that was no surprise because my energy level overall was down during the day. I went to sleep quickly but was up at 1a and then again at 5a. I didn’t bother to turn the TV on I just rolled over and waited it out until my body eventually fell back to sleep. That seems to be one way that I don’t feel sleep deprived the next day if I am not awake terribly long. I also purposefully don’t watch the clock, so I am not cognizant of how long it is taking to get back to sleep.
Meeting time rolled around and I was filled with anger and had a few things to get off my chest. The more I thought about it as the meeting went on, I figured nothing was going to be done about it so let everything go. I let everything but one item go and sure enough that got forgotten and dismissed quickly. Sometimes it is just better to keep your mouth shut. Meanwhile I am looking for a different job and if the right opportunity presents itself, I will leap at it.
Last month, I spoke about a job that I really wanted but it was lower pay. I applied for it but haven’t heard anything. I’m not holding my breath. It’s probably better that I stay put considering the huge pay cut that I would be taking. However, if they call, I will entertain an interview and see what happens.
I am not doing a whole lot at work, just what I am directly asked to do. You might call that quiet quitting but that is not my intention. I’m frustrated and lack drive or in general terms unhappy. I see no point in going above and beyond. I do enough so that my team, including my boss, knows that I am alive and doing something but there are large gaps in my day and yeah, it makes for a long workday.
I passed out supper for the cats a few minutes ago and Mora alerted me that we had a visitor. Another dreaded stink bug. It was on the living room ceiling (I’ve got a cathedral ceiling) and I waited until it moved just right, then broke out the vacuum and stood on my tippy toes until I sucked it up. I got it! That was a lot of work for one little bug. Scared the cats by turning on the vacuum in the middle of the day but they are back out and all is well.
Pulling something out of the freezer tonight for supper, looking for something easy and quick. It’s humid here and the AC is on. It’s in the 80’s outside. Feels funny saying that in October. Probably won’t be able to say that next month but then again, it’s the weather we’re talking about.
My Peacock subscription renewed last night and sure enough I’ve got like 3 more episodes, and I will be done with Too Close For Comfort. I will go in search of something else to hurry up and watch while I wait until the 5th of next month to cancel my subscription.
Another day in the books and 2 more to go until the weekend. Have a pleasant evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment