Morning everyone, hope all is well.
Yesterday was a Monday like I haven’t experienced in a long while. The morning had it’s busy points but they quickly died down and then there was a lull. As I was eating lunch emails started to pick up and the work began pouring in like a faucet with no way to turn it off. I had to take a breath and remind myself one thing at a time, that helped me regain focus and perspective. Eventually I got the flow to stop and issues were resolved.
I got upstairs and logged in later than I’d like but it wasn’t a huge surprise to me since I had been working away. I was able to relax for like 5 minutes and then things started up again. It was pretty steady for a bit and then I noticed we were nearing supper time. I caught another lull.
I got supper passed out for the cats and then heated up some of that awful chicken for myself. It was a little dry and tasted worse, I was thinking man pizza would have been better.
After I finished up with my meal and settled back on the couch work came flowing in again hot and heavy out of no where. It’s 6p here and I didn’t stop until around 7:30p. Man this merger/acquisition might just be the death of me. I hope it’s just a matter of ironing out the kinks and then things will calm down,but right now I’m not holding my breath. I’ve always maintained that strange things happen when I am on call, it’s like a full moon and Murphy collaborate to whip up some kind of fresh hell challenge for me, at least that’s what it feels like to me at times.
I had very little me time and spend the bulk of the day working. This makes up for those days when I had nothing to do and was watching TV just waiting for work. I think it all evens out in the end but I’d much rather have more free time and get paid for it than work and pull my hair out.
Got in some great play time with Rudy last night. He was his normal old adventurous self. Jumping high like he hasn’t done in a while. I looped in his sister and managed to play with both of them at the same time. Eventually she figured out that I could keep him occupied so she left us and went to polish off the treats that were out. One thing is for sure they clean up the floor and not a treat is left insight any night. There might be a night or two when I turn out the lights and notice a few left but come morning, they are all gone.
Watched some YouTube before bed. I climbed into bed drowsy and ready to go visit dream land. Woke up at 5a from a strange dream. Tried to defer getting up but my bladder said you better do it now, so I listened. That of course aroused both cats and they jumped in bed with me. Rudy was doing his morning dance and I knew he was hungry but no way was I passing out food. I somehow managed to get back to sleep for a while but woke up around 6:30a and Rudy was still there just waiting and he did his little dance again.
So the day has begun. I got to mop up a few loose ends this morning and I am at the point where I am caught up, so at a lull. Who knows how long it will last. My guess is that the morning might be slow but by afternoon I will be busy again.
I’m debating if I want to eat chicken again tonight or if I want to switch things up one night and do something different. I picked up some mini beef burritos from the store, there are only 3 in the container but they fill me up, it doesn’t look like much food but they sure are good. It was something different and I’m always on the lookout for variety to switch things up a bit.
Here’s hoping it’s a great day for all of us. Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment