Today thus far feels much more like a normal day. I worked pretty much non-stop yesterday, although I did break for lunch. The cats were not happy about all of my alone basement time but I had a job to do. Since I will be gathering the same data on Monday’s looks like they will probably be my busy days of the week and as always I never look forward to a Monday unless I am coming off of on-call.
Had a Breakfast Burrito and an Apple Fritter for supper washed it all down with a Coke Zero. I increased the cook time for the Burrito but I suppose since I am putting it on a paper plate and not a paper towel like the directions say to that is why some of it still remains cold. I’ve got a box full of them and am determined to get at least one fully hot. They are good and just average size. Meaning unless you have a seriously small stomach or small appetite you won’t get full on eating just one.
Enjoyed a peaceful evening with the cats and continuing to watch The Resident. I am on Season 4 now. They had a COVID episode and it was touching. They highlighted the fact that many people had to die alone. I think back to the ending of Shameless and how Frank died alone. That really bothered me as I think no one should die alone but sadly that is how I picture things will end for me when my expiration date arrives, that is of course based on current conditions. It’s possible that I will meet someone and I will have someone by my side. I guess they call it the future because you have no idea what will actually transpire.
Saw that the Crumbley’s were sentenced this week to 10 to 15 years in prison. Not surprising they both have started the appeal process. It’s tough to over turn a guilty criminal conviction, regardless if your truly innocent or if your guilty, the justice system is prejudice once a guilty verdict comes in and you have an up hill fight that can linger for years. Justice isn’t always just but once and a while we get it right.
Watched the latest scene from Corbin Fisher with Jack (aka Adam Awbride) and Barron. Damn not sure how long it was since Jack had his last big O but he had a very large finish. That was a great way to end what was a busy and kind of a bad day.
Rudy told me that he got sick. I knew he wanted something just didn’t know what it was. He was all over me making biscuits and it was 9:30p I got up and followed him, that’s when I discovered the damage. No worries I told him and I cleaned it up and looks like it never happened. That seemed to comfort him and then he permitted me to go back to bed. I am never happy when they get sick. We just had a brushing session a couple days ago. Looks like I have to have those more frequently. It’s just something I don’t enjoy doing but the cats start out loving it, then get over stimulated and it turns into biting and play time where they are all hyper.
Here’s hoping that today remains like it is now and that I am not worked much if at all. All of my tasks are done for the day and it’s just a matter of sitting around and waiting to see what if anything rolls in. I am sure I won’t get away with nothing to do all day long but if it happens I won’t complain, especially after the day I had yesterday.
Feels odd that today is Thursday but I am not complaining about that either. Got to wrangle the trash and push it out to the curb. An afternoon task. It’s colder here and rainy. Were supposed to be heating up in the 80’s to 90’s over the weekend and the first part of the week. I do not look forward to those temperatures. However it waffles like this and then bingo one day your just sitting on hell’s front porch roasting. We haven’t had much Springtime here for years but perhaps things will be different this year. For sure by the end of April or start of May it will be time to turn the AC on full time.
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.
No comments:
Post a Comment