28 April 2024

Busy Sunday

Happy Sunday, hope that your having a great day! 

Slept without the AC on and its humid.  I’m probably going to cave at some point today and flip the AC back on.  I’ve got the ceiling fan on in my room and it feels nice laying underneath it.  Since I share my bed with two fur heat generators things don’t really cool down unless the AC is on or the temperature outside drops. 

Working away on laundry.  Cleaned the bathroom and kitchen as well as vacuumed the house and got the litter boxes taken care of.  I feel like I am on fire right now.  Mora wanted to cuddle after I was done but I had to get rid of her.  I just want to sit and cool down a bit.  She’s off occupying herself and probably plotting coming back and trying her cuddle plea again in a bit.  I just know how she works. 

Woke up early this morning, a bit earlier than I wanted to.  Rudy gave me his typically morning greeting with biscuits and I even got a kiss.  He was quick to nag me to get to the kitchen once I sat up.  However, I had to pay some attention to his sister.  She needed her belly rubbed.  Attention is tough to distribute equally between the two of them but I feel like I do a decent job. 

Made it for my Burger with an egg and some fries for breakfast.  It was good, not as good as it has been in times past but I enjoyed it.  Next it was on to Target for cat treats.  Next thing I know I am checking out with a $100 bill.  I got a new razor some soda and apple fritters amongst other things.  I didn’t forget the cat treats.  The cashier just handed me my receipt and never said a word about the total.  I opened the receipt outside and wow no wonder she was quick to get me out of the way. 

Next on to the grocery store.  Picked up some fresh peaches.  They didn’t have the Chicken Cesar Wrap that I enjoyed last week for lunch when I went in.  I was going to buy two of them because I love a Cesar salad and the wrap was spot on just added some chicken in the mix and that was perfectly okay.  Managed to spend $73 at the store and that’s without really trying to.  Funny thing when I was growing up to feed a family of 4 my grandparents would spend roughly $100 to $120 per week.  We would eat out on Friday nights only.  Every other meal was made from groceries.  Today that price is probably more like $250 to $300.  We didn’t eat high on the hog but we were comfortable.  The amount of milk and soda we consumed was large. 

Final stop before home was the gas station and I wasn’t horrified at what I spent.  Fuel prices dropped about 20 cents since last week so that helped with the quantity of fuel that I was purchasing. 

Put everything I just bought away when I got home, removed my clothes and sat in my chair with the fan on high.  The cat joined me and we started to watch a little YouTube and then an episode of New Amsterdam.  About half way through that I got up and laid down it was time for a nap.  Again both cats joined me and I woke up a half hour later.  Really got the good morning greeting from Rudy, he went all out and made biscuits on my side and my chest.  Even curled up with me for a bit and gave me a kiss.  Got up and passed out lunch for them.  I put out my medicine for the week and enjoyed part of a soda. 

Went outside with the grabber and pulled out some of the sticks that were stuck in the gutter netting.  I thought that would cause the pile of leaves that are covering part of the gutter to free up but something really went to work building a nest.  I have to climb up there to get it totally cleaned out and that won’t be an easy job.  I’ll get to it eventually. 

Weather is hot and windy.  Storms are possible but not in the forecast until after sunset.  I’ve got my eye on the weather.  When I came home from my morning errand running I saw an insurance adjuster at a neighbors house.  Looks like damn near everyone is getting a new roof or had some sort of storm damage from the hail.  To my untrained naked eyes my house looks perfectly fine to me from what I see.  Again I have no idea what to look for but I don’t see any obvious damage and don’t have any leaks.  I’m going with the principal of if it’s not broken don’t fix it. 

I’m probably going out for Mexican food again as my final meal of the day so long as the weather cooperates.  I’m back on-call as of tomorrow morning.  It’s going to be a hell of a week.  I’ve got the one big project which is a report that I am working on that should wrap as of the 1st of the month.  I’ve got my regular monthly report that I do after the first of the month, plus I will soon have a bunch of new accounts to create, that on top of whatever else manages to come my way.  Me thinks that I won’t be terribly bored this week but I will enjoy each and every lull that I get to it’s fullest.  Really wish that I wasn’t on-call but the majority of my team has their turn.  It’s every third week so I get two weeks free.  Wish it was longer or that on-call would go away but I don’t foresee any of those things happening as long as I stay in the same role. 

So one week ends as another begins.  Hopefully the remainder of the day will be quiet and enjoyable.  I know it will all be over with way too soon.  Take care. 

No comments: