Had an enjoyable Sunday evening and wish that I would have given in to a food craving for pizza. Instead, I had a piece of Chocolate Cake and a Chocolate Donut for supper. Not healthy but it worked. The whole time I kept thinking about the taste of a nice warm pizza. It was early enough I could have gone out to a local place or even popped in a Tombstone but nope I deprived myself. Why? I have no earthly idea.
Got in some good Gator time, she has this new horrible habit where she stands at the bottom of my recliner and meows until I picker up. Never mind that if she wants to get into bed with me, she has to jump on the recliner in order to jump into bed. We both know she could easily jump into the recliner and she has before but lately she is starting to behave much more like her siblings used to. She knows I will do most anything for her and she is taking full advantage of it.
The morning was pretty uneventful that is until I decided I wanted to lay down for a quick nap. Then all of the emails start pouring in and I get so busy I forgot all about trying to take a nap. Meanwhile, Gator is passed out cold on the couch.
By mid afternoon my boss had to ruin the day by calling a meeting with everyone. It’s just to rehash stuff we already were aware of that happened over the weekend. He’s never prepared for the meetings we go into; we always have to listen to him compose an email to someone. He talks as he types and I really want to say, could you type on your time like the rest of us. I haven’t yet but were getting close to me loosing my shit. He is taking even more time off and it’s like he is rubbing it in my face. I can’t take time off because were short on staff and it’s not an emergency but since he has been there since before time began, he can take off whenever he wants. Just fucking go on vacation already so I don’t have to listen or hear from you and I will be much happier. I do feel like I am getting the short and rough end of the stick. However, my time is waiting for me and I will be taking it eventually.
I am mostly myself around the boss but there are subtle clues that I give off that I am pissed off. I don’t want to get into it but some day if the pressure keeps up the flood gate that is holding back my rage and anger will burst and that will be a scary day for me. I’ve learned with some time to control my mouth but if you push me and push me eventually anything can come out, despite my not wanting it to.
For all intents and purposes, I have a decent job and just need a nice break. The politics and all of the needless meetings and tasks that I am asked to preform are starting to wear on me. The pressure is a bit extra now because were down 1 person. I am just burnt out and a recharge might not be a cure all but it would be a step in the right direction.
I saw something interesting show up in my email from the post office that contained images of what was arriving in the mail today. I had to go get it to appease my curiosity and it turned out to be nothing. I couldn’t help but think while I was out, that it sure would be nice to run away. The world truly is back to normal around here. Restaurants are packed, traffic is back to being as thick as BBQ Sauce and no matter where you go there is people and chances are pretty good there will be a waiting line. The thought of driving back to the office every day isn’t something that I really want. However, being around people and getting out I think is healthy so long as they have been vaccinated. Perhaps part of my negative attitude stems from being couped up. Although, I’ve had times in the past where work was just too close for my comfort and I was burnt to a crisp.
I suppose this will either sort it’s self out and I will contain my emotions OR I will need to find a new job. It’s a few more weeks before were back to normal staffing and that of course is when the boss will be gone for 2 full weeks. I can’t wait for that, less meetings and more naps. Once he returns will be about the time I request a full week off, that is if I still feel like I am today.
In other news, I got into it with my PC yesterday afternoon. My iCloud add in for Windows wasn’t playing well with Outlook. One thing led to another and I wound up wiping out my Outlook. I had to start over but I didn’t lose anything because it’s all in the cloud. It was just frustrating to fight to get things back to normal. It’s all working fine now and my calendar is back in sync with my phone.
Tonight, I plan to eat the store-bought lasagna that is heat n eat. It’s pretty good. I will of course have more chocolate cake and that should tide me for the evening. I will scrounge for something to watch on TV, a streaming service or just a YouTube videos. I kind of wish I was close to one or two of the chiropractors that publish videos from FL. They both incorporate massage as well as scraping into their adjustments and I think some of that would be good for my back. I do miss my massages but I don’t get nearly as many large knots since I have been home. I do have some from time to time but they just don’t flare up like they used to when I was hunched over a desk for 8 hours a day. Kicking back and napping or doing other things while keeping a watchful eye on my inbox during the day seems to have helped a lot. Just wait though my day to return to the massage table and the massage therapist will find plenty of knots, those that I know of and those that I don’t. Some of the work those people (chiropractors and massage therapists) do looks to be a full-time job just getting knots out of people and they get a hell of a good work out in the process. Lactic Acid is what builds up and causes a good portion of my issues, from what I have seen that is true for a lot of people.
Well, I suppose I should get back to what fun is left in the day, just a little longer and then hopefully it will be time to switch gears into relaxing mode. I am on-call this week so I have to be up for anything but I hope that it’s a super chill week. I need a break! Hope that your Monday is going or went well. Talk with you all again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment