
Monday was a rollercoaster ride for me. My morning started off as usual I was in the middle of a call with a colleague and my stomach began giving me fits. I excused myself from the call and no sooner than I stood up, I had a problem on my hands and a messy one at that. I was not happy at all. I got cleaned up and began the litany of laundry. I used some water yesterday and my washer got quite the workout. I even ran it through it’s first ever cleaning cycle.
It’s kind of felt like I had eaten something bad but I didn’t get nauseated. Not sure what it was but when I stepped on the scale, I was 5 pounds lighter. If I can just do that again a couple more times I can be back to my original weight. However, I think that I would be dehydrated and probably not feeling so well. Still it’s one way to lose weight, just not my preferred method.
I was hesitant to eat lunch but did ingest a small amount of a left-over sandwich. That didn’t cause any problems. I got in a nice long nap for lunch because I was exhausted. As per usual my phone kept waking me up, even though I wasn’t on call I still looked at it. You never know when something emergent will arise and I am known for quick response, so I like to keep up my image.
Later in the afternoon as I was wrapping things up, I got a phone call from the eye doctor. My glasses were ready. I called to make sure it was okay to come on down and get them. I missed them so much. Everything looked fine in the store, driving was okay. When I got home and tried to read my copy of the invoice, I had some problems. I took them off to give my eyes a rest. Put them on later in the evening and still had issues. I put them back on this morning and it is taking a bit to get used to the new prescription, which is supposed to be better, as in improved vision but I kind of miss my old prescription. It’s been a few hours and things are starting to come into focus. I suppose it’s just a training period of getting used to them but I don’t like it at all. I will try to exercise what little patience I do have and see if I can’t get used to them, but if in a couple days things don’t settle down, I will be calling back. I spent a pretty penny and want to ensure that I get my monies worth.
Marv got in lots of noodle time last night and I had the heating pad on. He woke up and repositioned himself and asked for a little attention but was quick to pass out. Eventually he woke up and he wanted down. I took care of that. Then cleaned up my DVR to get rid of a bunch of old Family Feud episodes. Watched a special at home on AXS with Celo Green last night. It was okay. On some songs he can sing and on others it sounds like he is whispering. If he would be consistent that would make him better. I can’t stand whispering when someone is trying to sing, spit it out already!
That was the end of Monday. Slept okay, had some strange dreams and Gator wanted me up way too soon. Here we are already at Tuesday. It’s supposed to be a stormy day and if that means it is a bit cooler then I am for it. It’s been so hot here.
No surprise that the COVID 19 is seeing a spike in a good portion of the states that have decided to open back up. Not sure if its protest related but they certainly don’t help contain the virus. The world is kind of a huge mess right now. With the protesting and reform needed for policing, being in the middle of a pandemic and having an ass hat in charge of it all. It’s kind of like were fucked and not in a good way. I just hope that this too shall pass, we can see positive changes and get a remedy for the virus. I think that it would make a lot of folks happy to be able to go back to some state of normal. I for one would love to stop having to worry about putting on a mask. It’s annoying, uncomfortable and looks odd. I keep telling myself this is a very bad dream and I am going to wake up and have some story to tell that no one will ever believe, but sadly I am awake and this is not a dream.
Stay safe, be well and we will talk again soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment