24 November 2019

Smells like bleach

It only took most of the day to wait for the Amazon delivery driver but they showed up a little after 5p.  I was anxious to try this Ozone generator to see if it would solve my problem.  I had to attach the handle, take time to read the instructions and then I was ready to start. 

Since I read that there may be fog/smog associated with the use of one of these devices, I opted to bring my cat camera to the basement so I could keep an eye on things.  From the moment I turned the unit on I smelled Ozone.  It’s like a bleach type smell and kind of irritating, so you don’t want to stick around.  Since I have been battling this chronic issue I opted to go for 1 full hour of treatment.  Then I came down and opened a window and left for an hour.  I didn’t cross ventilate so it helped but most of the bleach type smell is still present.  It’s not as bad as breathing the mold smell but it’s annoying.  I’ve got two windows open and 2 air purifiers running full blast.  This may take a couple days to get rid of but it’s still way better than the mold smell. 

Once the Ozone smell is gone I am interested to see if this will have solved the problem or if the odor will reoccur.  I would think if I have done the proper remediation that all I should be left with is a neutral smelling space.  That’s what I read online and hopefully that is the case.  Stay tuned and I will be sure to let you know. 

Today wasn’t a total waste.  I got up early got a shower, had breakfast, grabbed a haircut, got the mail and got cat food.  I’ve taken a nap and just waited around for the Amazon delivery.  There you have my day. 

Tomorrow my goals will be grocery shopping, getting hair care products and taking a run through a local department store.  Looking at shirts, pants and shoes. 

I know I am supposed to be making a pie run but I keep thinking about how far away that place is and do I really want to drive that far for pie?  Not really.  Not sure if I will give in or not.  It would be much more fun to go with someone rather than going alone. 

Found out that the college is out for Thanksgiving and the High School & Elementary Schools will be out on Tuesday for their holiday breaks.  Kind of really makes me want to get all of my shopping done tomorrow. 

Traffic is heavier and stores are packed a lot more so I kind of think that the holiday shopping season has already begun.  Thursday daytime will be reserved for the holiday and then the night time will be the official start to the holiday shopping season, when people will turn into complete assholes and go kicking and screaming to the stores.  Watch there will be someone seriously injured or killed shortly after a store opens it’s doors because everyone has to have that bargain.  Yeah there are truly some great deals but they aren’t worth your life or even getting injured, at least from where I sit.  I say that having had to buy for people before.

I’m currently starting to re-watch the Queer As Folk show via Showtime Anytime on my Roku’s.  There was some talk of rebooting the show but I think maybe only 1 or 2 (if that) of the original cast would be back.  I am waiting with baited breath.  That show was so hot.  Even though the sex scenes between the guys were all simulated it was very much soft core porn. 

Well on to see what I can scour up on the internet.  Then back up to be with the kids for the night.  They are in 7th heaven spending all of this time with daddy.  Were sleeping and relaxing together.  Marv is at his best when he’s next to me on the couch sleeping.  It’s like he totally unwinds and since he too is getting older once he is out the deeper he sleeps.  Gator & her mom stick together.  I think momma is tired of her but she knows she isn’t going anywhere.  Ah kids. 

At least I don’t have to get up early and go to work.  I will probably be up way too early and I will go out for breakfast.  Then hit up the grocery store, etc.  I’ve got a package coming in the mail tomorrow but I think it’s just medicine so nothing to get excited about.  Everything I have ordered from Amazon has arrived!  They make it so easy to spend your money and it’s so convenient.  It feels like an addiction at times.  Well that is until the bill for Prime comes. 

Stay warm and take care.  Talk again soon!

No comments: