11 November 2019

Found Money

Parodically I look at our state’s website to see if there is any unclaimed property (i.e. money) for myself and my late spouse.  In 2017 I found $9.99 that was due to him.  I have never found anything for myself.  Last night I did a search just out of the blue.  I found more money for him.  This time from a computer peripherals company.  It’s only $40 but hey why not claim it.  Since he passed away you can only imagine the hoops I have to jump through.  First you have to prove that he’s dead and where he lived prior to his death.  Then you have to prove that your legally entitled to the money.  I started the process and it will be months before I hear anything and/or receive the check.  The only thing it costs me is time, ink and postage so why not go after it.  Beats letting it sit. 

The thing that I don’t understand is both of these companies had his address, it says so right on the states page.  Why not just mail the man a check?  I can tell you for certain neither one of them reached out by mail.  They may have tried to call him at his last known phone number, which has since been disconnected.  They could have emailed him but his email account has been shutdown as well.  If they would have just sent the check it would make my life so much easier and not to mention I’d have the money quicker. 

You can upload supporting documentation for your claim electronically but the original claim form has to have a “wet” signature meaning they want the original document.  I figure why not just keep it all organized and together, just sent it all in one neat package so that is what I am doing. 

Between the found money, my vehicle and the fact I got a late start I ended up running very late but I got all of the critical stuff taken care of. 

The paint turned out okay, it probably could have benefited from a 2nd coat but I am over it.  I pulled some insulation from the laundry room baffles and moved it to where I had pained.  The ceiling tiles are back in place.  I truly hope I am done for good with mold and that I never have to deal with it again.  I’ve got a gallon of mold & odor killing paint standing by.  Really wish they would have sold this in a smaller quantity. 

I reported what I believe to be a cyber incident when I was prevented from starting my vehicle last week to the manufacturer.  I got a response back today that completely side stepped the issue.  They told me to make sure the software in the vehicle was up to date and that the app on my phone was up to date, they didn’t address my concern.  After reporting it yesterday I opted to change my login information both my email address and password.  That caused me to loose remote control of my vehicle via the app on my phone.  Trying to get that access back proved more than difficult.  It took me a couple hours.  I had to do a factory reset on the software in the car as well as uninstall and reinstall the app on my phone.  Finally everything fell into place.  Jesus I think I must have used every swear word known to man kind.  I was seething. 

Finally as the evening started to come to a close I got to watch the season premier of Shameless and Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.  I stayed up way too late and knew that I would be cranky when it came time to get up.  I caught the weather just before turning the lights out and we were under a Winter Weather Advisory.  Sure enough when I woke up this morning they were telling people to work from home or stay home it was going to get bad.  I called in not feeling well.  My feet were killing me and I was a bit hung over from the sleeping medicine.  Today was the only day this week I could do that.  We have a new guy that started today and I am the first person he gets to work with on our team.  We officially meet tomorrow morning via a video phone call.  Well I’m very glad I stayed home.  We got dumped on with freezing rain and then about 2-3 inches of snow.  Everyone forgets how to drive and accidents are stacked up all over the place.  The temperatures have plummeted to Winter even though were still in Fall.  It was 60 degrees here yesterday and very nice.  Today it’s 22 and were falling to 15 over night.  Hearing that I put away my leather coat and got out my down fill puffy coat, which actually does a much better job of keeping me warm.  It even has a hood in case it’s snowing or raining.  There will be plenty of time over night for the street crews to plow and treat the streets so things shouldn’t be horrible tomorrow or so I hope. 

I caught up on work email and got a photo of our new guy.  Wow he’s nothing like I imagined.  He’s very young and kind of cute.  I just hope we can work well together and that he has some smarts. 

I did get in some extra sleep.  Watched some Holiday Movies on Netflix.  Placed another Amazon order.  That was on my list for yesterday but I never got to it.  For the first time ever I ordered window kits so that I can put plastic over the patio door and the windows in the living room.  There has always been a draft when it’s cold and it’s coming in through the windows.  I figure if I can work with mold and paint, I can certainly put plastic up over a window.  I had to order a new Roku because one of my devices is no longer supported.  I wanted to wear something fancy for Thanksgiving so I got a new shirt.  No writing instruments but I did get some ink refills for 1 of my pens.  What I am most excited about is I ordered a Lawnmower personal trimmer from Manscaped.  It’s got skin safe technology so you can shave anywhere and everywhere and never worry about cutting your skin.  They have a saying nick you sack, send it back.  Yeah I’ve nicked my sack before and that is one place you don’t want to cut.  I used my gift certificate from work, my Amazon points and still spent way too much. 

Spent lots of time with my furry family today.  They are all starting to wear on my nerves so going back to work tomorrow for sure is the right thing to do.  I am eager to get to it because there is plenty waiting for me to do.  The day should pass rather quickly or so I hope.  After this week, I have next week and then I will be off for a week.  Really looking forward to that. 

What I am not looking forward to is the cold ass weather and my cold office.  I sure hope that when we move back to our regular building (which should be weeks away) that I do wind up with an office.  I’ve been looking at office accessories on Amazon and there is plenty of stuff I’d love to get but I don’t want to count my chickens before the eggs hatch.  Found out today that were having a pizza party in the office on New Year’s Eve.  Big deal that’s one day that I hope to be able to work from home.  There will be plenty of people leaving at the end of the year as well as people that are getting promoted on the 1st.  So it’s always a little bit hellish for me.  In fact the departures seem to be picking up a little bit. 

I’m looking forward to spending the evening with the cats and hopefully a nice relaxing evening of sleep.  Then full speed ahead in the morning.  I’m also on-call.  Since I called in I technically didn’t have to start tonight but I figure why not.  It’s usually (hopefully this isn’t going to ruin anything) quiet so why not. 

Stay warm, safe and be well.  I will talk with you all again soon. 



No comments: