I started this morning like any other typical work day. I carried out my lunch to the car and then headed back in to say my goodbyes to the kids. I thought it was odd there was no logo on the lcd screen like there normally is when I open the door, but I just dismissed it.
Out to the garage and in the vehicle then I made sure I had my foot on the break and pressed the start button and nothing happened. I saw a green LED illuminate on the button but that was it. I was pretty miffed and also a bit confused as to why this was happening. The lights worked, the locks didn’t, my remote didn’t and the app on the phone didn’t. However the app was updated with new data within 2 minutes. So it’s talking to big brother via the modem.
I saw no other option than to call for a tow truck. I did that and sent a message that I would be out for the day. While I was sitting on the couch I opted to try the remote control to lock the doors and presto it worked. I jumped up and ran outside to the garage. I was able to get it started. I cracked the door to the garage, then went back in. Grabbed my lunch, sent a message that I was on the way. AAA called as I was in the car and I was able to cancel the tow. I sure hope this was a fluke and there isn’t something going wrong. I pay a hell of a lot of money for this automobile and thankfully it’s still covered by factory warranty. I don’t want to be stranded anywhere but if it has to happen I prefer to be stranded at home.
After I had been in the office for a bit I sent a lock command via the app on my phone and I got a response back that the vehicle was locked. I think I will be using remote start tonight just so that I know up front that it starts.
Outside of my accident last year that was totally my fault, this vehicle has been problem free. I was just thinking that I am at the average where most mileage warranties run out but I have an extra 10,000 miles.
From the way it acted it was almost like a security lockdown, not a bad starter and the battery seemed to be fine since the headlights went on. I couldn’t find anything about the behavior on line so I just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best.
I figured that it would be a wasted day by the time I got towed, got a rental and made it back home. Then who knows how long I’d have to wait for parts & repairs. I’m glad this turned around because there was a big project I needed to work on this morning and I got here at my start time and was able to whip through the project.
It’s a crappy day outside, overcast and rain is on the way. It’s cold and generally has a dark winter type feeling. This whole driving in the dark since the time change makes it feel like I am on what is an endless journey. Getting home takes forever. By the time I eat and do my evening tasks it seems there is little time to relax before bed time rolls around. I’m getting home a little bit later but it’s not drastically different. I think it’s all a mental thing.
My boss is up in the air flying home. I want to leave early tonight but I won’t just because I don’t want to temp fate considering how the day started. I’ve got about 45 minutes left and then I will be on my journey home.
There you have it my Wednesday. Hope your doing well.
No comments:
Post a Comment