Good Day!
It appears another weekend is upon us. I feel 10 x better than I felt last week at this time. I finished my antibiotics as of today. I hope that all of the infection is gone. I still have plenty of phlegm and hope that goes away soon. I don’t need a relapse or for that matter to get sick again until much later in the year. Thankfully I still have plenty of PTO.
I figured that some of you would enjoy the Pie commercial above. I went out for dinner tonight and had some Spicy breaded Cod Fish and some Mac & Cheese. I finished up with a mini Bourbon Pecan Pie. It was oh so good! I got this at a local place. I wanted to hit up the buffet but my fear of being on call and getting called upon while away prevented me from acting upon my desire.
I went on an Amazon bender and will have a new Cross Rollerball Pen tomorrow along with some soap, a spray that my eye doctor recommended and other nifty things that I could otherwise probably do without. It was one of those moments where I said fuck it. I don’t need another writing instrument but I collect them along with law enforcement challenge coins. My absolute favorite writing instruments are made by Mont Blanc. Problem is they have so much that I want but simply can’t afford.
According to Facebook my brother in fact did get married yesterday. The bitch he married of course took his (our) last name. Makes me want to go change my last name. I’m serious but it’s only a desire, I won’t be acting upon it. In other photos he looks really happy that he is with her but in his wedding photo looks more like he is saying HELP ME. We haven’t spoken and I didn’t get an invite. I don’t plan on contacting him and I am sure he has no plans to contact me. I can’t believe he actually went through with this and yes I am angry and highly disappointed in him. With all of the grief he has caused me I’ve come to the conclusion it’s best to cut ties. I don’t plan on changing my mind, I made this same decision before and after our mom died I gave him a 2nd chance and look at what that got me.
In other news you know how your going through your life and out of the blue one of those recurring got you expenses come up for renewal that you forgot about? Yeah well that happened to me this week. I got an email from a vendor I use for remote access to my desktop. I know I am smart and could setup a VPN and spare the expense but I find this subscription solution more secure, easier and I don’t have to guess what my IP Address is going to be when my ISP decides to change it. Well the cost of their subscription renewal went up to $420 from a simple $100. There is no way I am paying that so I called and they cut me a break on the price but this will be yet another annual negotiation that I will need to do. I despise negotiations with vendors be it my ISP, TV or anything else. However, more often than not it works in my favor and I’m rather good at it, but it’s a skill that I would much rather not have to use.
The most interesting thing I did this week was attend a webinar and heard from a survivor of the Virginia Tech shooting. It was to educate for awareness on active shooters. I have no ties to VT but hearing this story unfold I couldn’t help but be saddened as I heard the events recapped. I get that people snap and it seems to be happening more and more in today’s society. I understand suicide but I don’t understand killing innocent people who pose no imminent threat to you. I got some great insight out of this event, even if I did have to give up my lunch hour it was so worth it.
No post here is truly complete without an update on the cats. Ms. Momma has been clingy ever since Tuesday when I found her and got my scare. Her kids are vocal and require just as much attention as she does if not more. Gator is the biggest attention seeker by far and it’s a competition to her. It always has been, it’s just her make up. Interesting to get to know their individual personalities and quirks and it’s been quite fun seeing them grow up and grow old.
Ah tomorrow I will be cleaning house after skipping it last week, this place is a wreck and I look forward to getting it back into shape, even if it’s all going to fall apart in a weeks time. Nothing like a clean floor and an empty sink with no dishes.
Finally we are officially in LGBT Pride Month, Happy Pride everyone! Now back to giving attention to the cats and relaxing. Hope your weekend is going well.
No comments:
Post a Comment