I got a call yesterday that my baby would be ready today. Then this afternoon I got a call from the Insurance company who told me they found even more damage. I took out the tie rods, they found that when they tried to align the wheels. However, approval was swift and the parts arrived in about an hour. I took off from work but came home to wait for a phone call that it’s ready. I got that call at 4p but I was told that the dealership is fighting with the insurance company on payment, they said that I could come pick it up, no sense in making me wait any longer. I like that. I got a special rate on my oil change and then paid the big bill of the deductible. They didn’t have the vehicle as tidy as I would have liked but they did a nice job on the repairs. You can’t tell there was a problem. Now that my gas tank is full, tomorrow I will be going from home straight to work. Hard to believe all of this mess started one week ago tomorrow.
Last night I came home to find that momma wasn’t interested in supper. She had barfed a couple times and was running around like a crazy woman. She was squatting and passing small droplets of blood, exactly what we went through 2 weeks ago. I made a vet appointment for last night at 9:30p but when we got there they were slammed and couldn’t tell me how long it would be. I waited for a moment but then rescheduled for tonight. Neither of the vets that I wanted to see were working so I was booked with a stranger. Tonight when we showed up the vet that took care of Ruth saw that my name was on the list so she stuck around specifically to see me. It sounds like this is just stress related, that’s how were treating it now. It’s a wait and see because today momma is back to a more normal state. If this continues, long term they will need a urine sample and/or blood work to find out more of what is going on. However, based on the exam results and her age, plus my recent car issue, we think she has picked up that I am just a bit stressed myself and she is reacting to that. So I got charged for an exam and was told to keep giving her the pain med for a couple more days. I don’t want her to be loopy but at the same time I don’t want her in pain. I surprised her when I came home early today, the look on her face was like Daddy your home early, where’s the beef?
So I believe this brings an end to the bad ju ju that has plagued me. Were headed for higher ground and only goodness will follow. I hope that life deals me a much better hand.
Best part of today is I missed out on our annual fire drill, which makes me happy. Tomorrow is Friday. We have a few people leaving and it’s going to be a little rough for me but it’s part of the job. I think I might have mentioned that our fiber circuit got cut so we were on our backup circuit at work and things were horrifically slow. Today things were back to normal after 2 days of hell. I am slowly digging out, leaving early didn’t help me but hey there will always be a tomorrow. I got more work pushed off on me and I am not happy about it but people come to me because they know I will come through for them, that is what happens when your good. If it’s true it’s not bragging but it kind of still feels like it.
The next best thing that can happen to me is me getting rid of my damn cough. I can’t wait for next month when all of the political ads will stop. There is a guy running for Senate in a neighboring state and he’s so fucking cute but I don’t like his beliefs and he’s straight. Each time I see him on TV, I can’t help but think about having sex with him.
Okay now to get the trash ready and put out, then to have some ice cream and watch TV. This night is done and I am so ready to get tomorrow over with so I can have the weekend to do what I want and that mostly is relax and sleep. Can I get an Amen?
Have a nice weekend and be safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment