So around 10p Momma & I went to the vet. She was passing spots of blood. The vet said that it is probably a UTI and/or a complication from losing Ruth. They gave her an antibiotic shot that will last 2 weeks. If she isn’t better on Saturday, then I need to take her back. The emergency fee is $135, the antibiotic is $50 and then there is the cost for the exam. Thankfully I saw the same vet that diagnosed Ruth and she cut me a break. Just charged for an office visit plus the antibiotic so $99. Wow a slight glimmer of a break.
Momma is resting, she is eating and drinking normally. I can tell she is a bit out of it. I feel really bad for her. I was told that undue stress takes it’s tole on animals as well. It’s highly unlikely that she is blocked since she is a female. If this doesn’t clear up then I have no idea what were looking at, I can tell you that I just can’t handle any more bad news. I am at the edge and it wouldn’t take much to push me over.
I woke up to a goofy email from work. They are all up in arms that my time card hasn’t been completed. Well I can complete something that I do at work if I have been off sick. Fuck, where do we find these people? I thought it was a ridiculous waste of time but yet, I took time to answer so as to not anger anyone.
The plan is to return tomorrow. I am a hot mess of nerves but once I get back in the saddle I think I will be fine. Until that happens look out. I have this thing when I get sick that I can’t take pills without heaving. This morning I gave myself a milk bath as I tried to choke down my medicine. It’s rather odd that it will subside once I begin to feel better.
I just had a shower and shave. Felt pretty good. I still need to clean up the place. Just talked with the insurance company and they are approving my benefits and I was told that payment comes directly from my employer, so it’s not like I will miss a paycheck but rather will be short a couple days due to the waiting period. Part of me would love a few more days but I know that I have to go back sometime I can’t stay off forever so might as well get it over with tomorrow. I actually think it will aid me in my recovery. I still have this cough and once I get my head to drain in the morning it subsides and I am fine.
Spoke with the funeral home and I will be getting Ruth on Saturday. Better yet they are doing it free of charge. I am quite surprised at that. I wanted to get her today but that doesn’t fit into the guys schedule he said tomorrow would work better but since I am going back tomorrow I figured might as well move it to the weekend. Hopefully, her name plate will be in and then I can move her to her final resting place next to her big brother. I still have a hard time adapting to the fact that she is gone. I fear the loss of the next one and pray that it is years away from occurring.
Worst news I got yesterday was the Cameron Monahan who plays Ian Gallagher the gay red-headed kid on Shameless is leaving the show. This Sunday will be his last one. He’s the whole reason why I watched the show. He was cute and we have a few things in common like red hair and being gay. His life is way more messed up than mine, hell his whole family is way more messed up than mine. It sucks but yet the show must go on.
Now I am going to head up and see about whipping this place into shape. I plan to go out for the mail, to get a bite to eat for supper and to gas up in preparation for my return tomorrow. Of course rain is in the forecast so it’s going to be a sloppy commute to and from but hey I’ll make it. I need to grab my glasses and start wearing them to try to adjust to them. That along with staying awake for hours on end will be the biggest change for tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by and checking on me. I appreciate your thoughts, prayers and general good vibes. Here’s hoping that tomorrow will be as smooth as possible. 3 days to work and then the weekend free. Then back and on-call. Everyone will be happy to see me and I think they will have a new found appreciation for everything that I do or so I hope.
1 comment:
Good luck with Momma cat and with your first day back!
Post a Comment